4 | First lessons

It's been a week since I am a Siren and the pain keeps getting worse. I scream out in the ocean. I wish I was dead or back home. Why did I have to be some silly Siren and I'm stuck here forever.

'Hey Clarity, you okay?', Sol says and comes up to me.

'I want to die Sol. I need to die help me!', I say.
She is silent for a bit.
'Clarity. Did I ever tell you that we are immortal?', she Says.
'What! No. There must be something!', I beg.

'There's one thing', a girl with jet black hair and crystal eyes says.

'I'm Cera', she smiles.

'But that is impossible!', Sol looks at Cera.

'You have to find your heart Clarity', Cera says. 'If you find your heart, you become a human again. But no ones ever found theirs. It's scattered across the ocean and is pure gold in your eyes. You have to find your heart, then you will literally become a human again', Cera explains.

'Is that all I need to do because I need to find mine', I say and clutch onto my chest, the pain is hurting more, I start swimming.

'Don't tell her that if your heart finds you, you start fading away', Cera tells Sol.

'Where are you going?'.

'To find my heart!'.

'You know you can't actually find it. It's impossible and your heart comes to you'.

~

I follow Cera and Sol. They stop as they reach just under the surface of the water.
'Come up to the surface!', Cera says and climbs onto the rock.

'What! I can't breathe up there!', I confusingly say.

'Yes you can. But only for night time and look the sun is setting. If you rise to the surface during day time, your skin will rot into sea foam and it's painful', Sol exclaims. And hops onto the rock.

I follow her.

~
It was to nice to feel the breeze on my skin. I became a human again but my heart was still missing in the depths of the ocean. My eyes and hair became brown and my skin was still bruised, I looked just like when I was thrown into the water by Blake. Cera and Sol look completely different.  They look like average girls and have legs too. I look at my toes.

'It's so nice to be normal', I sigh and look at the stars.

I listen to the breeze and the oceans waves crashing into the rock.

'Holy sea stars! There's men!', Sol exclaims.
'Let's teach clarity something', Cera says excited.

'Do you want to know how to lure men in?', Cera asks.

'Sure'.
And with that, the two girls start singing a lovely tune. Their eyes glow red as the boat approaches them. I could see all the hatred the girls had in the men, because once someone had loved them until they left them heartbroken.
The men all gather around the rails of the boat, love struck. I look at Sol's eyes, they are glowing red and she suddenly screams making the waves go crazy, nearly tipping the boat.

'Stop! You're going to kill them!', I scream and they both stop.

'That's the point', Cera says, hungry for death.

Sirens are monsters.