Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten:

Dance Baby

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"Wait.. Am I hearing this correctly?" Maddy started, sharing a look with Leilani. "You wanna tell McKay that you made out with Daniel at the carnival and on Halloween."

Leilani puffed out her cheeks as she looked up from her phone, "Sounds like a motherfuckin' disaster waiting to happen to me.."

"Ye-Yeah, but.. I don't have to say that it's Daniel." Cassie said slowly. Leilani nodded in agreement as she leaned back in the chair.

"Bitch, that's the craziest idea I've ever heard." Maddy rolled her eyes, "Right?"

"For sure."

"Yup." Leilani rose her eyebrows, shooting Cassie an are you crazy look. "And I was convinced I wasn't a lesbian." 

Lexi stifled a giggle as she subtly scooted closer to her girlfriend, "I wasn't fooled."

"Well, yeah.. But I wanna be honest with him." Cassie defended. Lexi groaned, tearing her eyes away from her sister. 

"You cannot tell McKay." Maddy insisted. 

"Well,  it's not like I cheated-cheated.." Cassie's voice trailed off as she looked down at her hands.

"Kissing is worse!" Maddy scoffed, causing the couple to nod in agreement as they shared a look. "It's way more intimate.. And if anyone asks, you deny deny deny."

"Okay, but I just don't want something to be hidden between us forever.."

"I wouldn't worry about it, Cassie, it's not like you guys are gonna be together forever." Kat said with a shrug as she looked up from her phone. Leilani's jaw dropped as she sent the girl a sharp look. 

"Literally what the actual fuck is wrong with you?" Leilani scoffed. Annoyance flooded the girl's body as Kat rolled her eyes and crossed her arms

"Kat, what the fuck is your problem?" Maddy asked, glaring at her. "You're being a bad friend now. You were a bad friend to me, and this whole new personality is seriously unlikeable."

"World star.." She sunk into her seat as she raised the blunt to her lips.

"Why? Because I won't sit and listen to you bitch about your psychotic, abusive boyfriend who you've literally broken up with a thousand times?" Kat glared at her as she ranted about Maddy's problems.

"That's what friends are fucking for, Kat." Leilani scoffed, rolling her eyes and narrowing her eyes at her. "You're kind of being an asshole right now."

"It was literally the lowest point in my life, so yeah!" Maddy snapped. "That and you're just fucking mean!"

"Maddy, ever since I've met you, all you talk about is yourself, your clothes, your boyfriends, or whatever superficial shit you think is so important! Sorry for not caring anymore."

"Yeah, I don't know about anyone else, but I miss the old Kat. You know, the one who had a sense of humor and wasn't a fucking cunt."

"Damn.." Awkward silence fell over the room as the tension became heavy. Leilani and Lexi shared a look as Kat recoiled into her seat. The girl gulped as she abruptly stood up and stormed out of the house.

Leilani gulped as she tore her eyes away from where Kat had previously been sitting. "Fuck. That went shitty."

~~

"Babe, holy fucking shit. Did you hear that Rue's in the hospital?" Leilani said with wide eyes as she looked up from her phone. Lexi raised her head from her girlfriend's stomach and turned her attention on her. 

"What?" She asked, furrowing her eyebrows together in confusion.

"Yeah." Leilani nodded, turning her phone around so that Lexi could see, "For, like, a kidney infection or some shit.  I don't know."

"Well.." Lexi trailed off, pushing herself up so that she was eye level with her girlfriend. "Are we gonna go see her?"

"Yeah, but Jules is there right now.. So." Leilani shrugged, "I think we should wait until after she leaves. They need to talk."

"About?" Lexi questioned as she scooted back down to rest on Leilani's stomach. Lexi let out a content sigh as Leilani gently ran her fingers through her hair. Her eyes fluttered shut as her hand trailed up to rest on Leilani's upper arm. 

"No fuckin' idea." Leilani laughed, causing Lexi to smile from the vibrations tickling her face. "Rue didn't say much, just that she was glad she was there in case there was a mass shooting and she hoped that the gun guy didn't shoot the surgeons."

Lexi knitted her eyebrows together, tightening her grip on Leilani's arm, "Wait.. What?"

Leilani shrugged, a laugh leaving her red lips. "Babe, I have absolutely no fucking clue. I think they put her on some kind of pain killers and now she's wigging the fuck out."

Lexi pursed her lips, nodding slowly. "So.. the dance is coming up soon."

A grin slowly crept onto Leilani's face as she watched her ceiling fan spin endlessly. "Yeah.."

"Well, I had this idea." Leilani could hear the smile in her girlfriend's voice as her eyes fluttered shut. 

"Mhm.. What is it?" Leilani bit her lip, feeling the warmth of Lexi's red cheeks on her stomach. "I hope it's not killin' someone, though I can afford to either cover it up or make sure we have zero chance at gettin' sent to prison or some shit. My lawyers are top notch, so, like..We'd be good no matter what."

"What? No, no." Lexi giggled, rolling her eyes as she looked up at Leilani. The raven haired girl sent her a teasing grin as she stuck out her tongue out her. "We should go together.. Like, as a couple."

Leilani paused, pretending to think. "Hm.. I don't know.."

 Lexi scoffed and rolled her eyes as she sat up. "Lani.."

"I'm fucking with you, of course I'll go with you." Leilani said quickly, sitting up and resting her hands on Lexi's cheeks, "I'm sorry for freaking you out."

Lexi rolled her eyes, trying to hide the smile forming on her face as Leilani connected their lips. A smile formed on her face as she pressed her forehead against Lexi's, "I love you."

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

{ A/n: Next chapter is the last chapter and that is: wild }

{ Edited: No }