An explanation.

'Oh no..' I said when I saw who were standing in front of the door of the Defense against the Dark Arts classroom.

'Don't tell me we have this subject with the Slytherin's too..' I sighed.

'Most likely.' Ron said, also not looking forward to it.

But then, the new teacher came. She was dressed from head to toe in pink. I've never saw anything like that.

She let us in the classroom. We took our places until I heard someone talking to Hermione.

'Uh, Hermione?' Neville asked.

'Yes, Neville. Is there something wrong?' Hermione responded.

'No, not really. I'm just a little nervous with the new teacher and all. And I was wondering if I could sit next to you so I won't make a complete fool of myself.' Neville said a little shy.

'Well of course Neville. If you don't mind Val.' She quickly added.

'No, not at all. I'll sit alone then, it's okay.' I said in a smile to confirm that I really didn't mind it.

I went to sit in the back. I liked to sit alone sometimes. When I saw that almost everyone took a seat, I heard the chair next to me move and someone sat next to me. But I was staring through the window. Yes, it was autumn. One of my favourite seasons. I just loved the colours. And then, I thought about that moment again. Why did it kept appearing in my mind? Why wasn't there one day that passed without thinking about...

'What are you staring at?' the voice next to me said.

Malfoy...

'The grounds. Why do you care?' I asked in an annoying voice.

'I don't.' he said, grinning.

'Excellent.' I said with the same annoyed voice.

'Can I ask you something?' he asked, the tone in his voice changed.

'Is that why you came to sit next to me?' I asked, not changing the tone.

'Well, partially.' This wasn't a grin anymore, it was almost a smile.

'Okay, shoot.' I said.

'That day that you bumped into me..' he started. Oh no oh no oh no

'Yes.' I said in a very quiet voice.

'Why did you cry all of the sudden? I mean..' it seemed like he couldn't find the words, why was he acting like that? He carried on.

'You never seemed to care when I insulted you. So I was a bit of shocked that you ran away, crying.' he seemed to care after all..

'I asked myself the same question over and over again.' I said.

'Hmm.' was the only thing he said.

It was a long silence after that when the new teacher, Dolores Umbridge, gave us our books. I wasn't really paying attention but I catch something that we will not going to use any magic in this class.

'I guess that what you said was just the last drop that moment.' I finally said.

'Oh.' he replied.

'I know you are mean Malfoy, but that just did it and it kind of hurt.' I said, I decided to be honest.

'Well.. I..I..' he was so confused by what I said to him.

Umbridge was now yelling at Harry. He said Voldemort was back again and she was trying to convince everyone that it was a lie and so Harry got detention.

'Sorry.' he said, it sounded sincere.

'What?' I couldn't believe what I just heard. Did I just imagined it?

'You heard me.' he said, back to his cold voice.

'You are unbelievable!' I said, almost yelled. But not loud enough for the rest to hear it.

'What did I do?' he asked.

'I thought that you would finally get it, but you still don't.' I said.

'Get what?' he really missed the whole point.

'You think you are so tough by insulting everyone who isn't in Slytherin and all of the muggle-borns. You think that people respect you because you are so mean. But guess what, they all think you are an arrogant git!' I said.

He just sat there, staring at me. He actually didn't know how to respond.

'If you just are nice to people than you will earn more respect.' I said, calmer than before.

'You just don't understand.' He simply said.

'Try to explain then.' I said.

'I don't owe you an explanation!' he said harshly.

'You made me cry, that's something that I normally wouldn't do!' I said with the same harsh tone that he used.

'Well, don't cry anymore. Problem solved.' he said.

'I don't understand, huh? YOU are the one that misses the point here, Malfoy!' I said angry.

'Oh please..' was the last thing he said.

And before I knew it the lesson was over. I packed my things and before I left. He thought I couldn't hear him anymore, but I heard him say one more thing.

'If you only knew..'