Chapter 18- Long May She Reign (Part 1)

Previous Chapter

Kalevi went through everything that they would need to do over the next week. They all decided they would tell the Bellator's soon after Theo was told to. He also needed to speak with King Silas. To be sure, the creatures of the jungle already knew of the events that happened in town, but King Silas would want to speak face to face on it all. From him, no doubt, this meant war. The creatures of the jungle have been looking for a reason to start a fight with Malum, and this would be a perfect reason. Things were never going to be the same after this.

All too soon, their time was up.

Part 1

Theo was pacing back and forth outside the castle, debating whether or not he should just jump on his horse and ride off in the direction that he followed the wagon tracks too. But then he remembered Kalevi and Cyrus said they would come for him when the coast was clear. But they also said they would come for him the next day and now it has been two.

"Theodric!" Theo groaned at hearing his full name, but mostly it was towards the person calling him.

Ivy.

He had been avoiding her as much as he could. She irritated him to no end with her vapid personality. She thought they were in love, that they were going to live happily ever after. Over his dead body.

Theo ran towards the stables, and hid behind them, waiting for her to disappear when a hand came from behind him and covered his mouth. He gripped the hand with his own, but they started to drag him back into the forest. He only relaxed when he recognized the voice.

"Be silent," Jace whispered. They listened carefully to the commotion going on. That's when he heard Ivy yelling at the guards, telling them to search for him high and low.

"Find him now." Ivy hissed out to the guards. "He cannot find out if he does he will be gone in seconds. Bring him to me, by force if you have to." Theo was shocked by the tone of her voice. It was a side of her he had never heard. She had always seemed so soft and gentle, clueless. Not this.

But then Theo's eyes grew wide. They know. He turned to Jace to see if he knew the truth as well and asked, "What are they talking of?"

Jace shook his head, "I don't know, but I think it has something to do with Lady Catherina." He sighed sadly, "She was captured in the town yesterday." He started walking into the forest motioning for Theo to follow.

"What?" Theo whispered harshly as they began to make their way into the forest. "What do you mean she was captured? For what?"

"Haven't you heard? Your father has been capturing any being with special abilities for the last three months. They are all disappearing. Unfortunately, Catherina was there at the wrong time. Kalevi is beside himself." Jace felt nothing but sadness for his friend. Nothing was going his way. His family was disappearing. "He reached out to me on the border of the jungle and said to gather all the Bellator's to the Obscurum Jungle and to find the royals." He turned to Theo, "He also said your safety is at risk and to get you out of the kingdom as soon as possible."

They finally reached their horses, the rest of the men waiting for them. "How did he know that I would be in danger?" Theo asked though he had a feeling he already knew the answer.

Jace shrugged, wondering that himself. But then again, Kalevi always seemed to be one step ahead of everyone. "He didn't say, just that he would explain everything soon enough. Come along now, we have to meet the King of the jungle, he will take us to where we need to go."

There were over a hundred men passing through the forest. All the creatures scurried and looked at them as they walked to their destination to meet King Silas. Theo and Jace to the lead, they all walked in silence for about thirty or forty minutes till they got to their destination.