Step Into The Bad Side: Hanging Tree (part 2)

Maxxines P.O.V

I awaken smelling the fresh linen of new sheets, cold pillows, sterile room, and the beeping of a monitor.

All of my friends were around me, my mom and dad.. including Danny..

He scratches his head as I stare at him hiding all of my emotions. He walks up to me a cradles my face softly since it's sore, "I thought I lost you." As I searched his eyes I seen sincerity, fear, and so much love.

But I ignore it.. I need to know why he treated me the way he did. I push his hands away. "Babe?" I sit up slowly, "No Daniel. Not until you tell me how you could treat me so cruel but you "Love" me.. the moment you asked to be my boyfriend you signed up to become my body gaurd, care taker, best friend, lover.. you make me spend all of my time with you.. you're the one that never leaves my side. So I don't suffocate you.. I let you love me."

I couldn't control the tears. Everyone took a hint and left. "So Daniel.. what's your fucking problem? What could be so bad that you would ever hurt me like you did today?"

"I had a sister.. and she died on this day.. it's always been a hard day for me.. you're the only person that cared for me like she did and I'm so afraid of losing you that I push you away like you did to me."

He runs a hand through his shaggy hair, "There's more to tell you but I'll wait until you're out of the hospital. Until I'll sat in bed with you.. and I don't care what you say."

He slips in beside me and carefully holds me, "I'm so sorry princess.. I love you to where my heart explodes more than stars. I really thought I lost you.. the only good person in my life. I'll never treat you like that again baby. I'm so sorry.."

He started crying lightly at the end.. for the first time I've seen him as the vulnerable little boy he is.. my little baby. I snuggle deeply into his chest and kiss it, "It's okay Danny, I love you also babe."

"You could be dead because of how I treated you.. I just don't know how to handle someone that sees me to be perfect when I have flaws.."

I look at him and sit up to stare at him. "Daniel, sweetie.. I have flaws too.." I show him every cut I inflicted on myself and every bruise that has been handed to me from my mom, Lance, and Shepherd.

"I'm not perfect.. only sprinkled in gold to be able to give you so much love and for you to love me. And with you being abandoned at a certain age someone has to love you.. and I'm that someone. No other bitch but me. So that means Debra needs to completely fuck off. You can have other female friends but after that stunt you pulled today. You and the female need to know who the crap I am. So do some shit like that again. We're not breaking up.. we're fighting full on. And I'll push every single button you have."

His eyes got large and then he nodded, "Fine with me.. as long as we agree that we're not breaking up. I'm good. And to make this official.. I want to make a promise.." He pulls a ring of of his necklace that he never takes of.

"This is my sister. When she was um.. sick. In the note she left for me she told me to give this ring to girl that means the world to me.. just as much as she meant to me. If it doesn't fit we can get it resized.. that's no problem.."

"I want to promise you that I'll be there always. I'll take care of you. Love you.. I can't breath without you Maxxi. I'm not suffocating.. I'm getting use to the new atmosphere. I love you baby. I'll never leave and I'll hurt any and everyone that tries to hurt you. Baby will you let me make this promise to you?"

He grabs my ring finger and I nod my head yes excited about this. Before he slips it on he examines it, "I know it looks like a engagement ring.. it's real diamonds by the way. But as much as I would like to have you as my fiancé.." He smiles sheepishly and it's more like he's asking.