one

Blair waited outside the Hale house after she finished pounding on the door for what felt like absolute hours

Blair waited outside the Hale house after she finished pounding on the door for what felt like absolute hours. Derek opened the door, glaring at the teenage girl who smiled up at him with a grin that could only mean trouble.

"What on earth are you doing here, Blair?" Blair let herself into the Hale house as she began to look around at the burnt down house to inspect Derek's living conditions. Derek crossed his arms as he waited for an answer to come from Blair.

"What, you haven't been answering my calls, Derek, okay? I was worried. You usually check in on me once a month. I thought something happened." Blair explained her excuse as to why she had driven at least ten hours to reach Beacon Hills rather than trying other forms of communication in getting Derek to tell her he was okay.

"I'm fine, I just got caught up in some stuff here," Derek explained vaguely as Blair shot him a disbelieving look as she sat her bag down on the staircase as she sat down on the last step silently telling Derek that she wasn't about to be leaving anytime soon by the looks of it.

"Derek, I've known you since I was ten years old and you were madly in love with my sister. I know when you're lying and that's all the time and I always get the truth out of you eventually." Blair smiled as she leaned forward waiting for Derek to eventually admit the truth to her about what was going on. Blair had followed Derek for weeks on end to convince him to tell her how her sister had died - however, it did take him five years to eventually break and tell her everything about the supernatural and what had actually occurred with Paige. Blair never believed in the first place that anything that happened that night was anything normal in the first place.

"I'm the Alpha now, and I have a beta. One who is about to get arrested." Blair put her hand to her mouth to hide the laugh coming through at the mess he had gotten himself into, making Derek tense up at the potential criticism he was going to get from Blair since he already knew Blair wasn't afraid to criticize him.

"Well, it looks like I'm going to stick around for a while then, right? I'm assuming since you're living here by yourself, you have no other help right?" Blair smiled as she hopped off the step and made Derek follow her outside with his leather jacket and sunglasses on. Blair holding in the judgment towards his wardrobe sense considering he didn't have anyone else right now to tell him the sunglasses look stupid.

"So, where are we going to fix this mess?" Blair asked as she fixed her seatbelt in the passenger seat as she got ready for the plan. Derek began turning the music completely down, leaving the two in complete silence.

"We're going to Beacon Hills High School, where I might have to enroll you if you plan on sticking around. What did you tell your parents about coming here?" Derek asked changing the topic as he noticed Blair growing dispirited once he mentioned her parents knowing about her plan to visit Derek.