27

Mabel stared at the Cipher siblings. "Are you serious? Will, you can help us?"

Will nodded. "Of course I can!"

Dipper turned to Bill, a smile on his face. "So I can get my memories back?"

Bill hugged Dipper tightly. "Yes, Mason! You can get them back!"

Mabel stood up, walking to Will. "What do we do?"

"First, we need two items Dipper cherishes. They don't have to be huge things, and they can't be living. They should also come from the area of his memory that started the memory loss."

Jill snapped her fingers. "So this summer. Mabel, you and I will go back to the Shack and look for them- can you think of anything in particular?"

Mabel shrugged. "Journal 3 is our best bet. But the second item, I have no idea what it could be."

"I do." Everyone looked at Bill as he reached around Dipper's neck, taking off the necklace Bill had given him. "This is it."

He gave it to Mabel, who took it and carefully put it in her pocket. "I'll keep it safe." She turned to Jill, grabbing her hand. "We'll be back as soon as we can." They both disappeared from the room.

Will approached Bill and Dipper. "Now we can get some basics out of the way. Before I do this, there are a few things you should know about yourself, or else there's a serious risk of losing your short-term memory."

Dipper nodded. "Okay. What are they?"

"First, you need to know your name."

"Oh... well, everyone's called me 'Dipper', except for you, Bill. You're the only one who's called me 'Mason'. I'd have to guess that 'Mason' is my real name, and 'Dipper' is my nickname."

"That's right." Bill said. "You told me that I'm the only one who can call you by your real name. Although, I sometime call you PineTree, because of the hat you always wear."

"Next- what's your relationship with all of us?" Will asked. "Bill, Jill, Mabel and I, I mean."

"Jill said that Bill's my soulmate, and I can kinda already tell Mabel and I are siblings- twins, I think. And based on you guys' looks, I think you, Bill, and Jill are all related, as well."

"And Jill is Mabel's soulmate." Bill pointed out.

"Oh, really? That's cool."

"Final question." Will interrupted. "How old are you?"

Dipper looked at Bill, who answered for him. "Twelve."

Dipper looked back at Will. "Twelve." He repeated.

"Good. That's all of the basics. Now, there's a couple other things that I should probably tell you."

"Go ahead, Will."

"Well... you'll be asleep while this process is happening. You'll be in the Mindscape for a while- a few days, maybe. A week at the very least, since you're still a kid. Since you'll be in the Mindscape, Bill will be able to visit you, so don't be surprised if you see him with you. You'll also be able to see some memories being played out in front of you. You don't get to choose which ones- they just happen randomly, and there's a small chance there will be one that will happen in the future."

Dipper nodded. "Okay. Sound good. Is that all?"

"Uhm... well..."

"It's okay, Will." Bill reassured his brother. "Say it."

Will bit his lip. "Well... usually when a human like yourself becomes soulmates with a demon like Bill, there was a spirit behind it. An angel, demon, ghost- it doesn't matter. And when this happens... that human begins to develop... special powers. It could be telepathy, invisibility, flight, anything. And it could be more than one. But, usually that human develops them after a jarring event like a vehicle crash or a near-death experience. I believe that this event could be it. I think you will start to develop your powers when you wake up."

Dipper was staring. "...what?"

Will nodded. "It's true."

"...will it be painful?"

"Oh, definitely not. Maybe a migraine or muscle cramps every now and then, but nothing to be worried about." Will paused. "Unless you start to grow wings. Then we need to worry."

"Is there a chance I could see that memory? Of the spirit interacting with me?"

"Yes. It could be a stronger chance if Bill is there with you."

"Wow. I... I can't-"

Mabel and Jill appeared suddenly. Mabel was holding Journal 3 and Dipper's necklace, while Jill was holding a tube in her hand with a slip of paper on the inside. "We're back!"

"Oh, good." Will approached Mabel, taking the necklace and journal from her. "Now, everyone, please leave the room. I'll let you know when the process has started."

Mabel bounced over to her brother, hugging her tightly. "I hope this works. I need my BroBro back."

Dipper laughed. "I know."

Mabel let go, and Jill took her place, hugging Dipper as well. "Good luck, although you don't need it." She pulled away, smiling. "We'll see you when it's all over." She took Mabel's hand, smiled one last time, and walked out of the room.

Bill kissed Dipper's cheek gently. "As soon as Will lets me know it started, I'll go into the Mindscape and see you. I promise."

Dipper smiled gratefully. "Thank you, Bill." Bill moved to stand up, until Dipper grabbed his hand. In a split second, the two locked lips. Dipper pulled away after a long moment, smiling. "I can see why I got with you."

Bill smirked. "There's more where that came from." He winked.

"Okay, you two, time to stop being sexual." Will complained, a faint smile on his face. "We have work to do."

Bill nodded. "Right. Sorry." He pecked Dipper's lips. "I'll see you soon, Mason." He paused for a second before making his way out of the room.

Will snapped his fingers, and the room grew dark. Candles appeared scattered throughout the room, with four on each nightstand to the side of the bed. "Alright, Dipper. I need you to lay down at the head of the bed." Dipper complied as Will put both the journal and the necklace in bubbles. He made the bubbles hover over Dipper before looking down at him. "Close your eyes, Dipper. Relax."

Dipper did, and he felt Will gently place a hand over his eyes. Will began to chant in Latin, and Dipper began to feel lightheaded and exhausted.

"Stay relaxed, Dipper. We'll see you soon."