28 | SAYING IT OUT LOUD

ADYEN

ADYEN

It's been over two weeks since I've been back in Toronto. Len had Spring classes, so we had to wait for summer, proper, to head over to Alberta together. In the meantime, I spent a lot of time with Leigh at Georgiou's restaurant and I went to visit Naylan a lot at the pack grounds he was still setting up.

Right now, I was taking a walk with Len and rolling a motorcycle along with me. It was the weekend, so he had time to spend with me. The sun was out, but the trees in the path blocked most of the rays out. It was a cool day, and I was glad I had decided to wear my thin jacket over my plain t-shirt.

"I can't believe Naylan gave you a motorcycle," Len said as he looked over at me, tucking his hands in his pockets. "You can barely even ride it."

"That's not true," I rolled my eyes, squeezing the handles of the motorcycle as I kept pushing it along. It wasn't new or anything. "I've been learning since I got it, and I haven't had an accident yet," I said, feeling proud of myself. It was Naylan's old bike that was cleaned up and handed down to me. Georgiou had given him a better vehicle, so I could have his fairly used one.

Len rolled his eyes, groaning as he looked up at the canopy of trees over us. "Then why are we walking like snails if you can ride your bike?"

"Hmm..." I trailed, still rolling my motorcycle along. "I can ride on my own, but I don't think I can carry a passenger yet," I admitted, making Len stop in his tracks. I stopped too, watching as he paced around before stopping in a stop and looking past me.

"Then—" He paused, licking his lips. "How about I transform. I can keep up to a moving car as a wolf," he said, making my eyes go wide. I've been asking him to transform for me for a very long time, but after some time I just stopped asking because he seemed uncomfortable. I assumed that maybe someday, probably when I followed him to Alberta, I would get to see his wolf.

"I—" I sucked on my bottom lips. "Are you going to undress here?" I asked, and Len looked about the quiet road.

"I don't see why not, no one's here and I don't think there are any hidden cameras," Len said, laughing at the second half of his sentence. "I can give you my clothes, and you can stuff them in your backpack," he said, referring to the bag I had strapped on the passenger seat.