Fame is Overrated (chapter 6)

THIS CHAPTER IS DEDICATED TO NOME12: FOR ALWAYS BEING THE FIRST TO VOTE AND COMMENT!:) THANKS SO MUCH!!

HAHA, I've got a picture of Sloane Hamilton already! *drumroll, please* dum-dum-dum-dum-dum-dum-dum-dum.....Played by Emma Stone!:)

MERRY CHRISTMAS MY DEARS! haha, i've included a Youtube video here, Last Christmas by Glee. I didn't know who to choose since alot of people sang that particular song, but what the heck. Glee is underrated so i think they deserve to be here.:) so...how did you guys celebrate? i went to my  church for dinner last night and it was real fun. today, actual xmas day itself, i'm probably just slacking at home, maybe watch a movie later or something(: so, anyway, yeah, happy holidays!enjoy this chapter! VOTE, COMMENT, LIKE!<;

CHAPTER 6

            The next day at school, Avery fidgeted in her seat. God, history lessons were so boring! Mr. Hutton’s monotone voice droning on about World War 1 and 2, Ancient Civilizations and World History could probably lull her to sleep even after she’d just down a dozen cups of coffee. But it wasn’t like anyone in class was actually paying attention. Girls and boys alike were text-messaging each other under the tables. Stifling a yawn, Avery started to doodle tight spirals on her the third page of her textbook.

            Suddenly the classroom door flew open.

“Nice of you to finally join us Mr. Kingsley...Please take your sit now!” Mr. Hutton sighed, defeated. He rubbed his balding head, using the other hand to press a red clipboard against his fleshy hips.

            Seth grinned sheepishly, running a hand through his tousled hair. It seemed like he was always doing that. “Sorry I was late…I was…held up.” Avery rolled her eyes. Then, pushing up the sleeves of his green sweater to his elbows, Seth slouched to his seat at the back of the class.

            Avery had a quick run-through with Sloane and Tori yesterday about almost the whole student body. Since Sloane and Tori and almost everyone else knew each other since pre-k, Avery practically knew almost everybody’s life story. She had learned that at least half the girls her grade had a crush on Seth, even some of the freshmen and juniors. And didn’t he know it; he had a reputation for dating and dumping girls at an incredible speed. And if he wasn’t pulling a date-dump, he was always with his friends, fooling around. And unfortunately, his best friend had to be Cory. She just couldn’t imagine them being best friends. Cory was so sweet while Seth was so…ugh.

Grabbing her purple sparkly pen, she continued drawing tight spirals. And she kept this position the whole time, occasionally nodding as if agreeing with whatever it was Mr. Hutton was saying. All of a sudden, he grabbed the red clipboard he was carrying the whole time and declared, “CLASS! I have wonderful news! To get you back in the school spirit, I have planned a project that will be done in pairs-”

            Immediately, the class broke into complaints and excited chatter. Avery couldn’t help the bitter feeling in her mouth while she watched girls silently exchange we’re partners, right? looks and guys exchange high-fives, hooting.

            “Ahh...wait but here’s the catch,” Mr. Hutton continued with a cat-that’s-got-the-cream smile, “I’ve already created a list of partners here in my clipboard!” He declared proudly like Avery would when she got her hands on the latest issue of Teen Vogue.

The whole class erupted into groans. People rocketed out of the seats in protest. Avery nervously twiddled her thumbs.

Mr. Hutton ignored everyone and continued to explain the importance of the project and the percentage it held in one’s grade. Crossing her fingers, Avery prayed she’d be paired up with Chelsea Morgan, the class braniac, mathematician and drama and debate society club leader extraordinaire. If there were a subject she was weak in, it had to be history. She was horrible at gathering information and memorizing dates. Even her home-tutor, Ms Livingstone hadn’t been able to help her master the subject. She couldn’t afford another below-C grade for history. Her dad had already threatened to cancel her AmEx if she were to get another low grade. Fighting the extreme desire to run out of class, she sat on her hands in her seat and waited as Mr. Hutton began to rattle off the pairs down his list.