Puzzle

Y/N was panicking. She hates the feeling in her guts and the crazy ideas that enters her mind. It has been one day since the King had ordered all the farmers to be thrown in the dungeon and one day since she haven't heard from San.

She had only one assumption that is San is among the villagers that are arrested and she had all kinds of idea to bring him out, more like break the prison. But none of them seems to be a good idea that she marched towards where the soldiers are having a camp.

The soldiers on duty were marching up and down and she sneak in secretly and look around. Then she spotted Yeosang and grab him when he came near. Yeosang was about to pull his sword but didnt when he saw it was only Princess Y/N.

"Whats wrong?", Yeosang asked her.

"Is San amongst them?"

"What are you talking about?"

Yeosang's answer confused her. Didnt he know about the arrestment of all the farmers in the village? Then why are they guarding the place like never before? She pulls Yeosang deeper into the place making sure no ones sees her.

The palace was not safe for anyone anymore. The lies engraved within the castle walls, they were too deep to be understand by some passerby.

"Did you know that the farmers we're all arrested yesterday?", Woori ask Yeosang again when they move to another place.

Yeosang only look at her in pure confusion. "We were never told to arrest anyone", he then think about the possibility. For as long as he could remember working in the Palace, he has never faced so much puzzle in his life.

Y/N could not make out, but deep down in her heart, she knew that something was wrong. She thinks that the King is yet again doing things secretly behind everyone, that includes capturing all the farmers without the Palace's guards knowing. But for what? It confused her.

"Look Yeosang. Trust no one inside the castle do you understand? And keep your eyes on the dungeon and try to find out where they put all the farmers. I'll try to find some solutions. And by I mean trust no one, not even your friend Mingi or my Brother.

Yeosang nodded understanding the situation and make his way secretly to the chamber again acting as if nothing was wrong. He then slowly started looking out to find any clues. Before working in the Palace, he was just like them too, a peasant and a farm worker. However after his parents' death, he was offered a job in the Palace which he still finds it mysterious because it happened out of nowhere.

He then starts doing the job given by the Princess, his only Queen that he will obey. Because he knows that he cant trust anyone from now as well.

Y/N walk around the Castle like it was a normal day for her. But if the Palace was to be on fire again, she would pull her long gown and still can run freely with the armour she wear inside everywhere from now. She learns to be cautious as she knew anything could happens without a warning again.

"Princess Y/N", it was Prince Seonghwa. He was right outside the gate leading to the little garden she made. He was silently watching the sky after calling her name. She then made her way towards him.

It confused her why was he still in the Kingdom even after what happened which he could almost lost his life to. But the Prince of Aurum had no plans on leaving and besides it still left many questions on how did he knew the escape route. It wasnt like the Prince was close to any guards who could tell him the passage. the escape route was known to all Palace guards to keep the Royals safe in case of surprise attack like the night before.

One thing that cross her mind is that, the Prince is definitely staying for a reason. Could he be a spy? What if he wasnt actually the Prince and pretended to be one. But it couldnt be that or the one currently in front of him would have to take lessons to be like the Prince of Aurum since birth which is also impossible even if they did. No one could mistook him as the whole Kingdom has never bear a man so perfectly as him.

"I know you have a lot of questions", Prince Seonghwa turns his face to the Princess. As expected she was full of curiousity again, which Prince Seonghwa likes. If one habit he learns of her's, it was the fact that her right eyebrow fell while the other was raised, meaning she was doubtful and that she was curious.

"I want to know how you knew the secret passage. Answer me that first and I'll ask the other questions". she lock eyes with the Prince and he knew that there was no escaping this time, nothing to interrupt them.

He looks around to search for any pair of eyes evesdropping them and then lean towards her.

"Before I tell you everything, I have to show you something. Or more like someone which will answers all your questions. But we have to leave at midnight to avoid getting caught".

Y/N see through him and his sincere words before nodding at him and they parted ways again like nothing happened.