My Fault

"Can you explain to me what I did wrong?" Harry questioned, trying to keep his exterior calm.

"If you didn't want me to be around you, you could've not asked me to come," Y/N huffed crossing her arms in front of her chest.

Harry was dumbfounded. Inviting Y/N to Glenne's birthday party was a given, seeing as though she was quite close to Jeff and her.

"What? Of course, I wanted to you here with me,"

"Did you really?" Y/N pried, seething through her teeth. She couldn't get the image of Harry and the other women out of her head.

"Yes, Y/N!," Harry answered, hanging up his suit jacket in their shared closet. "What is this really about?" He unbuttoned his dress shirt after, looking up at his girlfriend expectantly.

She stared at him, completely pissed off at how nonchalant he was acting when he was clearly in the wrong. At least in her mind.

"You don't know?"

He shook his head, arms stretching to shrug the white fabric off his body. "Do you expect me to read your mind?"

Y/N dropped her heels on the hardwood floor, stomping towards their en-suite bathroom. "Jesus Christ, Harry! You know why!"

"No, Y/N. I don't, so please tell me why you're acting this way," His voice was leveled, unlike hers.

Y/N slammed her palm on the sink, frustrated by the way this night was playing out. She unhooked the other earring off of her ear before answering him.

"Forget it. Let's just call it a night and talk about it tomorrow,"

Harry stood frozen in his spot until Y/N asked him to move so that she could grab some makeup remover wipes. He really did not know what he had done wrong but he didn't want to pry Y/N when she was obviously not wanting to talk about it.

"At least tell me what I did wrong. We can talk about it tomorrow, promise."

Y/N sighed, hand pausing in mid-air from wiping makeup off from her skin. "You were talking to her."

"Who?"

"Kendall," Turning on the faucet, she rinsed her face to prep it for a face wash. The bathroom was silent, realizing that Harry was no longer present in the room.

Y/N sighed to herself, continuing on to her nightly routine. She had time to think about her words and actions in retrospect, admitting that she acted out of proportion.

Is she 100% to blame? Her insecurities were one thing, but the media and his fans tearing her down until she was on the ground was another. Y/N could not stand yet another day to be picked on by people who knew nothing about her, except that she was dating Harry Styles. And it wasn't fair! It wasn't fair that the burden was on her even though she knew that this was an inevitable thing. She didn't want to be compared to his past flings-she wanted to stand on her own and they wouldn't even give her a chance.

--

The couple was under the covers, ready to sleep the events of the night off. Harry had just reached over to his nightstand to switch the lights off, leaving both of them in the dark.

Y/N could feel Harry's body heat beside her. She could hear his silent breaths in the quiet room as she stared at the ceiling.

"I'm sorry,"

It was silent, but Y/N thought it sufficed for now. They will talk about it tomorrow.

"Okay," Harry quipped, shuttling his eyes to attempt to sleep.

Y/N smiled to herself knowing that they were at least civil to each other. She waited a few minutes to feel his arms wrapped around her body, as they always did every single night.

It didn't come.

"Don't you want to hold me?" Y/N questioned, aware that he was awake as his breathing still came out unsteadily.

Harry shuffled, situating his body to face the wall, his back facing her.

"No,"