Chapter One

• Dedicated to Grace Togneri - my best childhood friend!

"Ms Emilee, I'm afraid you have seven days to live." The doctor said. May's eyes widened. I guess she's afraid to lose her last family member, we lost our parents when we were nine in a car crash. May was blinking back tears now. I simply scowled, the idea frightened me a bit, but death intrigued me to no end.
"Emilee, Em? Are you ok?" I realised that I had been zoning out again. It was a habit of mine.
"I'm fine." I said finally, before getting up and leaving the office. May followed me out, I stopped, waiting for her to catch up. May smiled sadly.
"What are we going to do?" She asked quietly, that's one thing I envy about May, she was always quiet, and calm.
"Something good, something that will last seven days." I said, thinking about what we should do.
"We could travel...." May said slowly, as though she was thinking if it was possible.
"We could." I said nodding, a small smile forming on my face. May smiled at me before saying.
"Come on, we should go home." Then she ran down the corridor. I grinned and sprinted after her.
***
Once we were both in the car we set off. May drove out of the parking lot and onto the road.
"Where should we go?" I asked, cutting the silence like a knife.
"You decide." May said while clicking the indicator - the ticking sounded strange, a forgein noise.
"It sounds weird." I said gesturing to the indicator.
"I took it to the garage, they fixed it." Said May as we turned down our street. We turned into our driveway and May parked before turning the key and taking it out. I unclipped the seatbealt, before slowly opening the door. I looked at the house that I had lived in for nine years. Only one year of that was with our parents.
I got out of the car breathing in the salty air. I turned around gazing across the houses. I could just hear the sea.
"Emilee, come on!" May called from the porch. I slammed the car door, and walked up to her. She locked the car with the 'lock' button on the front of the keys, and a click eminated from the car.
She then unlocked the house door, opening it so I could walk inside. I smiled, the handmade coat rack, the picture on the mantle peice, everything made it 'home'.
"May? You said that we could travel, where would we go?" I asked slowing, contemplating on what to say. May stepped inside, before answering.
"Your choice, I'm giving you seven wishes, Em, seven wishes. To do seven things."
"First place I want to go to is London!" I said after a great deal of thought.
"I had a feeling that you'd say that!" May said smiling slightly. She took my hand and lead me into the office, it's cherry red walls radiated with warmth, May walked over to the caramel coloured laptop, and sat down at the desk. I pulled up another chair that sat in the corner of the room. I sat down and glanced at the screen. While I had grabbed the chair she had pulled up our local airport's website page.
"There's a flight to London in five hours!" May said glancing at me.
"Sounds good, and what about going to the Harry Potter Studios?" I asked. May nodded, she did some typing, and pulled up the 'Book Now' page.
"What seats do you want?" She asked, she eyes fixated on the screen.
"The normal seats - somewhere near the back hopefully." I smiled, as she grinned at me. She entered the booking, and the 'Booked' page flashed up on the screen. I smirked, I was finally doing something I really wanted to do.
*****
We drove to the airport, in silence until May turned on the radio. I sighed, showing my bordem.
"Hey, were almost there. After London where do you want to go?
"The Galapagos Islands."
We checked in, and sat down the the waiting room until our flight was bording. May nudged me, and said.
"Emilee, come on, we need to get on the plane now." I nodded and grabbed me suitcase, May followed suit before leading the way to the scanning desk. She scanned our bording passes, and then took my hand taking my to the passage way onto the plane.