Imaginary friends.

When we arrived at our new house Erica was quickly showing odd body language.I noticed my daughter and I were spending less time together as if she didn't really care for me anymore.That night Erica wanted me to sleep with her because she said she was scared so I did and I really regretted it.Erica was talking in her sleep but it really didn't seem like she wanted to say it as if she was forced to,she was saying things like we can get rid of them and I'm not alone anymore.Soon Erica was not only talking but she was raised up and crying. I noticed she was pointing at something behind her door.Obviously I couldn't see it or I would've got her out of there right away.Instead I just told her to try to lie back down but she wouldn't listen.I was beginning to get frightened myself so I just turned my head and went to sleep.the next day I was up early making breakfast, I was so busy I didn't even notice the basement door open.A few minutes after I heard different emotions coming from underground.I don't know why but I automatically hollered in shock, Erica wasn't in any hurry she slowly walked to me and stopped I was so surprised she wasn't downstairs my mouth dropped and Erica asked me what was wrong and I just carried on and told her I'd forgot to pay a bill.After we were done eating I asked Erica what she was looking at that night and she looked confused as if she thought I were crazy. I knew something was wrong.Erica and I were going to the park tommorrow and I had to get our stuff packed. As I was packing sandwiches to take I heard Erica talking to someone. I immediately walked quietly and peeked in her room so she was unable to see me. I heard her talking about how she couldn't be her friend and I wanted to find out who her was.Later that day Erica was walking around the house as if she was following someone I asked her what she was doing but she didn't answer I was beginning to get frustrated so I angrily yelled at her she quickly turned to me and began to sob.I ran after her but she slammed her door in my face. I let her get over it and I went and opologized to her and I told her I was just stressed she said it was fine and we made up. I slept by myself that night and I began to hear screams and shrieks I quickly ran into her room and found Erica in the floor with a pillow over her face as if someone were holding force on her. I quickly pulled it off her and she slept with me the rest of the night. The next day we went to the park and as we were leaving Erica told me we were leaving EMILY! Thats when I knew, she started crying and told me she would get mad so to make her feel better I took her back home and I just went along with it. When we arrived Erica ran to the slide and it looked like she was pushed down the slide I asked her if she was okay and she told me Emily was just playing.

Erica and her mom moved out of that house and they never talk about Emily and what she did.
By:Hailey Stacy.