Land of the sleepy

I own none of the pictures credits will be posted.

It had been years since I had last seen my mother. The funny face and the countless expressions of grief she always made when I would mention the adventures Kai and I had walking home from school. "Eliott you have to get your head out of the clouds! Your father wants you to focus more!" I would nod my head and as I continued to dream about the people we saw, the clouds that would pass us by, and the aroma of bread that would always seemed to sneek up on us. Now it was a gloomy world Kai and I lived in. Here in the land of the sleepy it always rained, seasons were unrealistic and tourist would come from graves all over the world to stay at the Bruda Hotel. The halls were gold and silver frames elegantly placed with blank pictures presented to the public. There was no ground beneath your feet only the faint colour of yellow, a mucky yellow the kind of snot. The doors each had something written on them and only paticular guest would enter depending on what kind of company you would be looking for. Past the halls at the end of the hotel lived a small man named Ester, rumor has it his room had been vacant for years. Time was a concept not given in this world, age was a meaningless number. The only thing that mattered was getting the orders in on time. "ELLIOTTT TABLE FOUR IS WAITINGGG!!" Ah Florine the heir to all the riches thrown away at the royal trash dump. "Money doesn't grow on trees you know!!" "You don't even have an actual functioning system of economics." "You mean we don't have an actual system of economics dear now smile and bring table four there Wild Fijian albacore sashimi with pea tendril salad, toasted hazelnuts, garlic chips, scallions and melon cilantro vinaigrette" I'm sure she meant fish rolls. I took the plates and gently laid them out on the table setting their dishes down in the center smiling at both of the newly wedded guest. To anyone else it would have seemed if I was serving air to empty tables and chairs and for awhile I seemed to see the same things. Panic struck as I began to fall backwards as I looked around ashes began to fall and from the window I could see buildings being burned down the empty remains of a once flourishing hotel. In a flash it was over, I apologized to the guest and excused myself walking away. I checked the only device that kept me sane all these years my watch.