00 | Prologue

Disclaimer: I do NOT own Snow White with Red Hair. This is a fanfic based on the manga. Please be aware this story is undergoing lots of editing/re-writing, so please be patient before new chapters are released. Thank you to those who have been reading though!! I love you all, and I hope you enjoy reading!! 💕

━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━

"Are you satisfied?"

"That bitter tone you're always using is why I never listen to you."

"You never found what you were missing, did you?"

"..."

"You're still the same. So stubborn that you would do everything to avoid me, simply because you didn't want me to be right."

"I never ran away from you, you just never looked for me."

Lies.

You're always running. You won't stop hiding. Even when...

"If things go awry... Please save me."

... You made me promise.

You asked me once.

"Be honest with me. Do you think what I'm doing is wrong?"

Her soft gaze fixed onto his sapphire eyes, intently studying his expression as he watched the rain pick up. She searched for nothing short of the true feelings he harboured. Yet, both knew she wouldn't yield nor reconsider her decision, regardless of his opinion.

Like a dandelion, she was a weed amongst her family, illusioned to grant their wishes for a daughter that defined perfection. Out of their own greed, they did everything they could to reach that goal, even if it meant using... unorthodox 'methods', passed down from generation to generation. The effects these 'methods' had on her didn't matter because it would all come to fruition in the end, as it always had.

"We were born as royals, raised with the undeniable duty over our respective kingdoms. To leave those duties unfulfilled would be unfair to our predecessors who made the same sacrifices, willingly or not."

"You didn't answer my question," she pressed.

He glanced over to meet her eyes, wordless. After holding his stare for a few seconds, she pulled away, disappointed with his response, but she understood what he implied. Turning on her heel, she began to stride away from him, leaving what should have been her last words to him.

"If only I hadn't met you... If only I kept my heart protected. Perhaps, I could have continued to live like this, the way I was supposed to."

She was so sure of her path, vowing that she would never turn back no matter what. But she never would have expected what lied ahead. 

Maybe, what she searched for wasn't out there.

Maybe, all along...

"If only," he whispered, the words lost in the heavy noise of melancholic rain. "What a sentiment, my dandelion."

... She left it behind.

━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━

A/N:

LET'S GET THIS SHOW ON THE ROAD!!!

Edited 08122022