Chapter 6

Jennifer had waited all weekend for Knox to call, she could very well be her sister given how close they were. She had called the ranch numerous times threatening to do bodily harm fi something had happened to her. They keep claiming she hasn't arrived.
     She wondered where she could have gone without saying nothing, not that she would be surprised, she had dropped off radar once in while before. To be on the safe side she nosed about inconspicuously should incase something may have happened because this would be the first time she went off without giving her a heads up, could it be that the break up got to her more than she let on? She knew Knox was good at locking down her emotions, but she didn't think it would result to this.
     All she had to do was hold down the fort which she was good at and not worrying about her friend. They would be good for the next three months without her but she hoped it wouldn't take that long, it would be a great feat for her not to worry as she hasn't been without communication to Knox for more thank a week.

KNOX
      With a new day came more of Knox's worry about getting back ti the 20th century, how does one get lost into the past and how does one get back to the present? "This has got to be a bloody joke" She needed resources and a work area, they probably had both so she would talk to someone before she went crazy, she needed something to do to keep her mind working on a means of going back. George would be a better option to ask she thought as Gerald was too serious and practical to believe in such things as time travel and would probably commit her to the psychiatric home or whatever they called it this time, besides her attraction to him made her want to steer clear of him, it wouldn't do to form any sort of attachment with anyone in this time, sure she could have a fling but who knows what that could do to her going back and there was the society to consider, she could remember it would be a scandal to do such without being married in this era, so for the both of their sakes she had to get a hold of her libido.
   First on the order of things was money, she needed to get back to her Ute to see what she could use in this era, she needed a place of her own. The money was most important because she didn't know how to go about getting it, if she remembered correctly ladies did not work in this era,so would that put her in the working class if she became a seamstress? Although she could handle a sewing machine it had been long she had to do so as she only had to bother about designing clothes for a while now. She had to be shrewd about deciding on what to do. Mary came in then and she remembered the maids were always a fountain if information and she needed to pump her for just that and she would but would bide her time. For now she was itching with designs that needed to be put on paper, she got out her sketch pad to do just that, she was so engrossed that she didn't hear Mary come twice to tell her that breakfast was ready and her presence needed below.
    Olivia wondered why the girl refused to come down, didn't she know it was rude to do so without making her excuses? She could already imagine what Gerald would think and he had a prior unimpressed opinion of her too.
   On the other hand Gerald was vexed, the chit turned him inside out that he didn't exactly know how he felt about her. He was both looking forward to seeing her at the table  and dreading her coming in one of her enticing dresses that left little to the imagination. By the time they realized she wasn't coming he was relieved and then angry at the blatant disrespect of his person and family as a whole.
   Olivia took it upon herself to check on Knox, to see what kept her, given her son's expression he could very well barge into her chamber to demand answers. She found her by the dressing table scribbling away but on getting closer she found breathtaking drawings of dresses albeit some looked scandalous but still they were tastefully drawn, she gasped at the beauties wich jolted Knox from her drawing stupor and the first word from her was coffee,
  Olivia took a closer look and asked her "my dear are you a seamstress?" To which she replied no i am a designer. While Olivia marvelled at her designs she also felt a pang in her heart as her plans for Knox and Gerald could never be for she was not a lady, for ladies didn't work. And though she didn't know her so well, she would have made Gerald a good match for money wasn't an issue.
   Knox wondered what had Olivia staring hard at her sketches, she couldn't have done anything to offend anyone, had she? She never left her bedroom since she woke up so what could it be? Well she wouldn't say nothing until they did, all she needed  was coffee, a bath and breakfast in that order so she stood and tried to do just that.