chapter two (finally oh my zayn)

HI MY COMPUTER IS STILL BROKEN SO IM JUST GOING TO TYPE UP CHAPTER 2 ON MY PHONE AFTER I WRITE IT IN WORD ON MY COMPUTER (it still works but like it can't connect to the Internet at all sigh)
ALSO SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG IM TRASH
- rat queen

chapter 2 -

(luke's pov obvs)

I sat in my bed, I seem to do this a lot, it was barely 10 p.m. and I needed time to go quicker. Not quite as urgently as I had needed it to the night of my birthday, but it definitely ranked.

Tomorrow was my first day of high school, now that would be a big deal in any case, but this would also be the first day that I would actually start searching for my soulmate. I hadn't seen anyone from school all summer, both a blessing and a curse (because I wanted to find my soulmate as soon as possible but also people are really fucking annoying and I enjoyed the break from social interactions.

        My soulmate had a busy summer too, in the worst way possible. New scars showed up every night, there were a few times when they would cease for a day or two and those were the days when I could breathe right and sleep without having nightmares about whoever my soulmate is wondering why I'm not there for her.

What if my soulmate kills herself before I find her? Would it be my fault?

        I knew it wouldn't be, but I also knew that if it happened there should be no such logic to stop the floodgates of guilt from bursting in my heart. Despite this anxiety clouding my every thought, my skin still seemed electric with possibility and a deep ancestral yearning to find this girl I'm meant to spend the rest of my life with.

What if she sits next to me on the bus tomorrow and that's just it? I just find her and at fourteen I have the rest of my life pretty much sorted out when it comes to love, marriage, a family, all these things that adults are supposed to have... at fourteen. 

It was kinda scary and i almost didn't want to find her the first day, but I did want to find her soon. This girl was in danger from herself, and I am her other half, I should be the one to save her and make her happy and loved so that she never ever harms herself in any way ever again.

        I sighed heavily, for the umpteenth time in the past three minutes, and bent my elbows above my head so that I was resting my head on my palms and I stared up at the ceiling. I had a really childish ceiling, childish being a bit nice for it as most boys my age would call it 'gay' or 'retarded', but I still think it's as cool as the first day my mom set it up when I was ten. It was set up on a timer, so that after 10:15 it would activate, and it was 10:14 now.

        Then at 10:15 the 'magic' commenced, and my ceiling became a fucking universe alive with vast nebula's of infinite beauty and color, I knew the milky way, or course, and a few others that I had looked up but a lot of it was still unknown to me and I liked that. If asked about my ceiling I could simply tell the person that I am interested in space and cool science stuff. This was one of the reasons I got it, but the main one was that the soothing glow the display produced was my way of still discretely having a night light to keep me safe from the dark.

        I know it must come as a shock but I, Luke Hemmings, known badass and punk rocker... am afraid of the dark. I like to reason that this is in fact a very logical fear to possess and anyone without some slight form of caution when in complete darkness is either an idiot, or lying. Lot's of fucking things are in the dark, I knew monsters weren't real of course, but after my pretty much nightly binge watching of Supernatural, that belief started to waiver. Suddenly there were clowns and demons and vampires (not benny the chill kind) in every corner, and it just wouldn't be the truth if I said it didn't scare the shit out of me.

        Darkness also scared me for another reason, it reminded me of death and oblivion and everything just ended in darkness. Entertaining the thought of sitting in a pitch black room being what death was like was enough to give me a panic attack, hence why my ceiling was alive with he soft glow of the universe. It made things not as dark, but it also reminded me that there's so much out there and that there will always be things that keep going and changing and growing and it was a pretty fucking effective ceiling if you ask me.

        Letting my eyes slide shut slowly on their own accord, I started thinking of things I'd like to dream about, like I do every night before my brain inevitably ignores these ideas to give me dreams about the most random shit. Take last night for example, when I had tried to go to sleep dreaming about making out with emma watson, and ended up dreaming about jack barakat getting date raped by dora and then proposing to her... I might have fallen and eaten a mushroom or something because that one was fucking weird.

        I never remember exactly when I fall asleep, likely because the brain power used to store memory isn't available when the brain is ready to sleep. But enough of the dumb science bullshit, tomorrow my life begins.

a/n wow after like 6 years of not updating all i come up with is this sigh... sorry guys I planned out the chapters so that I could make this story a decent length so a lot of them are fillers. I promise that chapter three wont take as long as chapter two and he's gonna be finally going to school in the next chapter which is where things will get interested lmao

I really fucking want the ceiling that luke has is it even a thing it better be i better not have made it up

also that jack barakat dream actually happened to me a few days ago and i'm still so disturbed at the memory... anyways I have an ed sheeran concert tomorrow (sadly I'm not seeing 5sos today at triple ho it would have been so much fun) and then poSSIBLY FALL OUT BOY AND LINKIN PARK NEXT FRIDAY BUT ONLY IF I'M REALLYREALLYREALLY GOOD which means i'll probably be bitchy with my parents on accident and not be able to go story of my life bye hope you enjoyed

vote, comment and share the shit outta this bc it's gonna be my baby !