Chapter 18

Weeks had passed, and their courting went as planned. Adam, was the epitome of a gentlemen. He was sweet and polite. But, regardless of it all , Emilia with all her might her heart belonged to Dominic. She had not seen him in some time and she was severely worried.

The news of the Dukes death was a stagnant gossip that would not go away and the notion of her wedding to Adam would give The Duchess free reign to be with Dominic. And the idea sickened her.

So lost in her thoughts she never heard Adam come near her. His touch broke her free of her gripping thoughts only to meet his stern gaze.

"What are we daydreaming about, my beauty?" he looked down at her.

She blinked twice taking in the view of him. With the sweetest smile she could give him, she shook her head.

"Nothing," She looked into his skeptical glare before averting her eyes.

With a sigh, he sat beside her.

Silently he sat with her.

"I feel you distant and it is unnerving, Emilia" he said agitated.

She said nothing.

"If we are to be married we need to have some semblance of a loving relationship."

He looked at her.

She could feel the heat of his gaze on her.

Nodding, she slowly stood.

Before she could walk away, his strong hand in a tightening squeeze pulled her in to his lap.

Astonished by his iron grip, her struggle to get free stopped at his heated glare. There was something in his eyes that sent a warning shiver up her spine.

"I will be leaving for Wales within the hour and I will return in 2 weeks." His stare grew serious.

"When I return you will be the most devoted and loving fiancée ever. You will come to terms with this marriage and accept it with delight and enthusiasm."

He tightened his grip around her arm. His other hand tightened around her waist.

She could not believe what she was hearing. Frightened, tears began to fall.

"So you have two weeks to get all of the woes of your lost lover out of your heart, because in my marriage to you Emilia, I will not be taken for a fool." He warned.

She shot him a surprised look.

The grin that formed on his lips and the stare in his eyes made her fidget a little in his grip. She averted her gaze.

He lifted his hand to caress her neck and was satisfied with the feel of her racy pulse. He caressed her cheek and turned it to face her. Their eyes met and the nearness of their breaths collided. His lips crushed hers with a possessive kiss, with her hands she pushed against his chest. But, his grip was stronger. Pulling her head back, he looked her in the eyes. Amused at the little fight in her and fire in her eyes, it peaked his interest of just how much fight he could get out of her.

"Remember, Two weeks to do as you please pretty much. If you have to fuck your lover enough to assuage your need I will turn a blind eye." he grinned provocatively.

Her face turned red with embarrassment.

She looked away. Her heart raced with worry that he knew she was not a virgin anymore. Before she could finish thinking and collectively taking in his words, he spoke again. And whispered in her ear.

"Two weeks, remember and when I return this ...your coldness towards me will end."

With that he let her stand from his knees. He stood and gripped her chin tightly and brought her lips to his in a rough kiss that left her lips bruised and swollen.