Chap 4 ♥️ Part 2 ♥️

"Whatt ??" My mouth was hung open.

"She was in a relationship since 7 years. She loved Sameer bhaiya and wanted to marry him. But dad forced her to marry Khurrana uncle's son Mihir."

"Why did he do that ?"

"That was just a business deal for him. You know being a rich kid isn't always about posh houses and big cars. Sometimes middle class kids don't realise what we don't get. She requested dad, begged infront of him not to get her married. But dad thought that marrying in the family would be better for her and Sameer won't be able to take care of her needs as he wasn't a billionaire."

"What happened after that ?"

"She sacrificed her love for dad. She didn't complain at all. One day when I went to her house to surprise her, I saw that Mihir was lying on floor drunk and Kriti di had red marks on her hands and face. He used to torture her, beat her. He treated her like a slave. And when he came infront of our parents, he behaved as if he treated her like a princess." He said.

A lone tear rolled down his cheeks.

"It's fine Khushal. You don't have to continue." I said wiping away his tears.

"I couldn't see di like that and brought her with me to our house. I told dad and mom how he used to beat her. But do you know what they said ? They told her to return back to that demon's house. They said that she's a married woman now and her husband's place is her house. Mom made her understand that sometimes girls have to face all these things. This is a part of their life. How the fuck could she tell something like that ? Probably because even dad used to do the same with her." Saying this he started crying.

"Shsshh Khushal. It's fine. Calm down. Look at me. Come on see here. Everything is going to be fine."

He looked at me and I wiped his tears. His eyes were red from all the crying and he hugged me.

"I couldn't do anything to save Kriti di. She loved me so much. She treated me like her own child. I couldn't save her. When dad told her to return to her house, the next morning we found her hanging from the fan."

I rubbed his back and tried to calm him down.
After few moments he stopped hugging me and maintained some distance.

"Sorry I couldn't control. I just wanted to take all those out. I had been controlling all those emotions inside me since those 2 years. After her death I shifted here."

"That's fine. I hope you are feeling good now. You can share whatever you want with me. Never hesitate."

"Thank you Noor. This means a lot."

He took out his phone and showed me Kriti Di's picture.

"She was really pretty." I said.

"That she was." He shoved his phone Inside his jeans pocket. "Let's go to the garden. I need some fresh air."

"Sure. Let's go." I replied.

We were walking in the garden side by side. That feeling was really awesome. I was already 24 but I never really had any serious relationships till date.

I only used to have crush on people but till today I never really had a boyfriend. So a guy sharing his worst fears with you, crying infront of you, having fun with you, these things were certain new feelings for me.