//Potions with Horace Slughorn

Zacznij od początku

"Ah yes.. y/n y/l/n I so recall. It's nice to see the children of friendly faces in my class. I hold high expectations for you and congratulations on your fathers new position in the ministry"
"Thank you sir" y/n politely said through her dislike for the man.
Slughorn turned back to Harry
"m'boy I assume this is the very friend of who you spoke Harry?"
Harry nodded "yes sir"
"Well, well, take Twenty well earned points for Gryffindor, Miss Granger"
Y/n and Draco both has angry expressions on there faces.
Slughorn continued his talk about the love potion
"Amortentia doesn't really create love, of course. It is impossible to manufacture or imitate love. No this will simply cause a powerful infatuation or obsession. It is probably the most dangerous and powerful potion on this room"
Y/n and Malfoy book gave each other skeptical smirks. Slughorn took notice
"Oh yes," he said "when you have seen as much of life as I have, you will not underestimate the power of obsessive love....and now, it is time for us to start out work"

"Sir, you haven't told us what's in this one" Ernie Macmillan said pointing at a small vial filled with slightly transparent liquid standing up on Slughorns desk"
"Ooh" Slughorn said. Y/n could tell he was waiting for someone to ask about it "yes, that. Well, that one ladies and gentlemen, is a most curious little potion called Felix Felicis. I take it....Miss Y/l/n, that you know what Felix Felicis does" he smiled at Y/n. She felt Hermione's eyes on her, jealous of her spotlight to say the correct answer.
"It's liquid luck" she said "it makes you lucky"
The whole class seemed more interested in the little vial now. Draco sat up fully in his desk giving Slughorn his full and undivided attention.
"Quite right, ten point to Slytherin. Yes, it is a funny little potion, Felix Felicis...Desperately tricky to make, and disastrous to get wrong. However, if brews correctly, as this has been, you will find that all your endeavors tent to succeed...at least until the effects wear off"

"Now that is a potion I want" Y/n said to Draco making him chuckle.
"Why don't people just drink it all the time, sir?" Terry Boot said. Y/n snapped at his stupidity. The answer was quite obvious
"Obviously you git, because if you drink to much of it, it causes giddiness, recklessness, and dangerous overconfidence" she said
"Talking about over confidence, look who's talking" Terry spit at her.
"I can't help that my families better than yours" Y/n spit back and Draco laughed at her arrogant insult.
Slughorn was quick to settle things down
"Settle down...To much of a good thing, you know....highly toxic in large quantities. But taken sparingly, and very occasionally.."

"Have you ever taken it, sir" Micheal Corner asked with interest
"Twice in my life" said Slughorn "Once when I was twenty four, once when I was fifty seven. Two tablespoonfuls taken with breakfast. Two perfect days"
Y/n watched the old man enter a his thoughts "and that, is what I shall be offering as a prize in this lesson"
Y/n's interest suddenly peaked at the word 'prize'. "One tiny bottle of Felix Felicis, Enough for twelve hours' luck. From dawn till dusk, you will be lucky in everything you attempt."
Y/n wanted that vial of potion so badly. Her mind spun in the variety of things she could put it to use for.
"Now, I must give you a warning that Felix Felicis is a banned substance in organized competitions....sporting events, for instance, examinations, or elections. So the winner is to use it on an ordinary day only...and watch how that ordinary day becomes extraordinary.......so how are you to win my fabulous prize? Well by turning to page ten of Advanced Potion-Making. We have a little over an hour left to us, which should be time for you to make a decent attempt at the Draught of Living Death. I know it is more complex than anything you have attempted before, and I do not expect a perfect potion from anybody. The person who does the best, however, will in little Felix here. Off you go!"
Y/n rolled her book open to page ten. Reading the instructions on the potion carefully. Y/n watched as Draco riffled feverishly through his copy, she could tell that he wanted that lucky day just as bad as she did.
"Its on Malfoy" Y/n spat at the blonde next to her.

To her annoyance, nothing that she seemed to do was correct. Her liquid inside the cauldron seemed to be the wrong color and the fumes coming from it made her hair frizz up in the worse possible ways. She glanced at Draco and saw him cutting up valerian roots as fast as he could. She kept glancing around at everyone in the room. It seemed that everyone's liquid was bluish, judging off the steam they all gave off. Hermione's potion seemed to be the furthest progressed. Her liquid was probably black as Y/n could see black steam floating up towards the Mudbloods face. This made Y/n irritated.

"Sir, I think you knew my grandfather, Abraxas Malfoy?" Y/n looked up from her book and saw Slughorn passing their table. Draco was determined to make himself know to the teacher.
"Yes.." Slughorn said without looking at him "I was sorry to hear he had passed although of course it wasn't unexpected, dragon pox at his age..." he trailed off and walked away.
Y/n laughed at Malfoy's defeat. She could tell he has expected to be treated as royalty.

"And time's......up! Slughorn called "Stop stirring please"
Slughorn moved slowly across the tables. Y/n was quite disappointed with the result of her potion. She hoped that no one else failed as miserably as she did.
Slughorn yelled making Y/n look up from her disappointment "The clear winner!...Excellent, excellent, Harry! Good lord , it's clear you've inherited your mother's talent. She was a dab hand at potions, Lily was! Here you are, then, here you are. One bottle of Felix Felicis, as promised, and use it well"
Y/n watched angrily as Harry slid the vial into his pocket and smiled.
Y/n could hear his voice from all the way across the room "Got lucky, I suppose"
She scowled at him as Draco did the same thing.
"Of course potter wins" Draco spat "that little twit"
"That bloody potion could have helped me in so many things" Y/n whined you him.
"Just wait potter just wait" Draco mumbled.
"Hey whatever you ought to be thinking about doing, I want in you hear me" she pointed her finger at the blonde boy and he agreed by nodding his head with his famous smirk on his face.
Her and Draco packed away they're ingredients and copies of Advanced Potion-Making into they're bags and left the Potions classroom, only having a short distance to walk to the safe-haven of the Slytherin common room.