ERHT Chapter 3

.

Beep.....Beep....Beep....Beep...Beep

The the monitor rang loudly in my ears. I raised my arms to cover my face when a sharp pain filled my left forarm. I cried out. There was an IV drip in my hand. I sat up frantically  searching the room to try to remember anything. All around me was bright white fluerestant lights, pastel flowers on moss green wallpaper. An empty wooden chair was on the far side of the room and every piece of medical equipment. This was all confusing to me. Where is this place.

Then it snapped.

A hospital room. Yes, that explained the monitors and medical stuff. That explained the where but not the why part. Why was I in the hospital. I looked at my body looking for clues. The jagged pink scars on my arms where easily visible under the bright lights. A mirror  to my side showed i looked bad, but not deathly. Eyes slightly sunk in, a thin, pale face, messy hair. All normal for me. There were bandages over my knees. I guess I had hit them harder than I could remember. I could see nurses through the small window in the door but none of them stoped. That was alright. I didnt want them to stop. I didnt need theem. I hated being the center of attention. I leaned my head back on the pillow trying to clear my mind of everything. Somehow I knew deep down that there was something else going on with me. A bigger problem.

Suddenly, the door burst open and Kris ran in. He stood about 10 foot away staring at me like he couldn't believe what he saw. I thought i saw tears in his worried grey eyes but I couldn't be sure. He dropped to his knees at my bedside resting his head on the edge of the bed. His breaths came out heavy, uneven, almost like he had been runnings....or crying. I traced my hand lightly down the back of his head. My fingers looping through his hair slowly. He reached up, never lifting his head and grabbed my free hand. Curious i leaned forward slightly rubbing his head and making him llok at me.

I wasn't prepared for what i saw though. Kris. Tough guy Kris with a bad boy side. Broke down crying. A right out sob. His eyes red and swollen and his face flushed. fear rose deep within my body. '

" Danica...." he lifted his eyes only slightly. " you dont, dont even understand how scared i was. I thought i might lose you. I thought I watched the only person I loved..die. I thought you were dead Dani"  Another tear slid down his cheek as he rose to his feet. His hand still held tightly to mine as his eyes dropped to the floor avoiding contact with me.

"Kris?" I asked. "What's wrong?" i wanted to know but was afraid of what the answer might be. I bit the edge of my lip as I waited for his response.. He twisted his face from me and held his breath for a few moments.

His hands quickly found their way to the sides of my head as he gently caressed my cheek with his thumb. He shook his head slightly leaning in close. I could feel his hair brush against my face. He starred deep into my eyes. Opened his mouth to say something but instead I found his lips pressed against mine. I closed my eyes and allowed myself to be carried away by the simplicity of the moment. The sweet memories that flooded my mind as we connected. AS time when things were better. Before Creed was taken away. Before I was hooked on selfharm and alcahol. Before i was dieng slowly it seemed. A time before hurt