Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Vihaan departing for Bhopal left Sanchi shattered, her weak heart throbbing warily inside her. She was more than a seven months' pregnant and it was desirable for her to have her husband beside her during these riskier days.

She sat motionless on the bed for quite some time as Vihaan packed his luggage hastily, glancing up at her saddened face every minute. He was probably into the thought of how to convince her without much hurting her.

"You are not go-ing any-where." She spoke excessively to convince him. "I can sure-ly guess that you have accept-ed some danger-ous operation in some terror-ist hit area and so you are com-pelled to leave me dur-ing these days."

He could exactly feel the doleful emotions brewing inside her for his sudden departure. Marching towards the bed with a painful expression on his face, he took a seat next to her. "Didn't I tell you that nothing will happen to me since your beautiful face and the thoughts of my babies will never fail to leave me?"

"Can't you send some-one else in your pla-ce?" Her expressions seemed uncertain.

"I thought you understand situations, Sanchi. You have been an eligible journalist so you know the importance of responsibilities. Do you think I can rely on some other officers and send them as my replacement?" He put a finger under her chin. "This is my DUTY and I can't stay back like an irresponsible cop when people are dying in Bhopal at naxalite hit areas."

"Men-tally, I don't wa-nt to stop you from the expe-dition but my heart... you kn-ow it Vih-aan." Her hands went for his collar, basking into his morning scent. "If you can still do some-thing Vih-aan?"

He pulled her closer, cupping her cheeks. "Do you want me to resign? This is the most I can do if I will have to surrender my responsibilities like this!"

Tears filled her eyes, the worries of Vihaan leaving her for a few days was hollowing her inside out. The way she was feeling unhappy and restless, he was helpless too. None of them was liking the fact that they would have to part from each other due to circumstances but they were dutifully bound to it.

Throwing her arms around his waist, she murmured softly but louder enough for him to hear. "I don't wa-nt you to back off like a cow-ard but I am not able to con-sole myself. Is it how the wife of eve-ry cop feels when her hus-band leaves on a duty far-away?"

"I don't know how everyone feels but I know my wife is stronger than the rest. She will be able to pass these days without getting too anxious for my absence and will strongly hold on to the invisible string that attaches our hearts together."

He leaned in to capture her mouth for a farewell kiss, rendering promises of his safe return to her. They were going to stay separated from each other for a few days hence and the impassioned touch of him on her could be enough for her to pass the days without him.

Tearing apart from her, he held her shoulders. "Sanchi, don't cry or fall weak when I'm not around. Remember you've promised me not to be careless again. Our babies are your responsibility till I return. I don't want anything to happen to them in my absence. I love you and always will, there's no denial!"

Vihaan turned about, his back facing her as he clutched the push handle of his trolley. Without giving a second chance to her demands or falling numb in the love he possessed for her, he decided to leave the room. Sanchi silently stared at his retreat before wrapping the blanket around her body and walking to their balcony.

Vihaan's figure came to her view while he mounted his trolley into the storage of Dheeraj's car. The telepathy of their love was so magnetic that he attempted to glance up at the window for once and Sanchi's petite figure devastated his heart.