Author's Note

This story experienced an unexpected hiatus due to my father's sudden diagnosis of terminal cancer in 2019

This story experienced an unexpected hiatus due to my father's sudden diagnosis of terminal cancer in 2019. We were somewhat estranged until about seven months before his diagnosis, so the cruel part is that we had just begun speaking again. We lost him at the beginning of 2020, and amidst his loss, the pandemic, and getting ready to transfer to university, this story was unfortunately placed on hold. 

The irony is that when I was really deep into writing this story back in high school, my father was actually one of the few people asking for copies (via email lol). I had forgotten this until recently. As I said, we were somewhat estranged and hadn't really spoken in 3 years. It's unfortunate that we weren't connected enough for him to have read this version of the story — which is 10,000% better. 

Funny how little things like that pop in your head a year later and make you cry for an entire day. 

But still . . . I have so many friends and family who say they're going to read my writings but never do. Then today, I found old messages in my Facebook messenger from my father saying "one more chapter to go" in 2012, and then another saying, "chapter 5, then I'm all caught up!"

Anyways, I know you all have been patiently awaiting updates, and I plan to post a new chapter on Monday, February 15th

If you'd like to follow me on Instagram (annemckae), I have already posted a sneak peek! I think I'd like to continue doing this as a way to keep you guys involved during the waiting stages from chapter to chapter. 

Thank you all for the support and the love over this past year, during my most difficult times. And also, thank you to my mother — who has helped me through almost every single writer's block this story has experienced thus far. I love you. 

Thanks, you guys! I greatly appreciate you all, and Haunted Rayne will press on!