이십

❝ 𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 : 𝚋𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚙𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚝 ❞

____________________

night engulfed seoul, lights on the big city were turned on, cars were busy on the streets, people coming back from a tiring work and smiles on their faces as they arrived home.

as for wonwoo,

is there really a place called home now?

bagpacks were beside him, ready to leave this suffocating hospital as soon as his brother arrived. he can't take it here anymore. people were constantly asking him questions he didn't want to answer, so he avoid it as much as he can. and to be here, alone on the 8th floor of this hospital's suite, he can see skies, and skies- it makes him thinking. when he thinks, there's only one person.

soonyoung.

the name that plays inside his head all day long, the person he have long forgotten, but the incident, or coincidence - he don't know, it's eating him up, swallowing him whole, turns wonwoo into this mess.

and where is he? where is he after all these chaos? after what he did to his heart again, after something inside him sparks again? where is he that soonyoung, the man he falls very hard. the one he wants so badly.

oh wait, he's not here.

wonwoo laughed. that's right. he's not here, and never will. they're very different- living in a contrasting world. wonwoo's a detective, he has an image to take care of, while soonyoung, a murderer. a fucking murderer.

yes, they're very different.

but, the day before he gone, away from soonyoung's grasp, that night when he was supposed to leave, he was facing the truth. the words and confession he was begging for so long, and he got it. all his questions were answered, his anger were dissipated into air, and soonyoung was innocent. he was innocent. but it's all too late, right? there's no soonyoung anymore. it's all too late.

wonwoo laughed again, feeling somehow his life is a very fucking funny one. right, a supposed shy teenage boy met a very cute, active boy in high school, and they become friends. his life was a rainbow, it changed, the boy shines like he never does before ; and it's all because of him. and before he even knows it, he falls in love, he falls very deep, and it was his first love- but turns out it was all fake. the moments they shared together was all a lie, a pretty lies from the beautiful boy. and the boy hurts him. leave him, all alone and his life was a disaster.

then oh, a supposed climax from a drama, they met again, a coincidence- as we shall say, and the boy should've hate him, despise him after everything he had done, but no, he falls for the boy again, that exact boy who hurts him countless times. his heart went weak again though how much he trained to be tough all this time.

and now he's alone again.

the black haired boy laughed, laughed, laughed and laughed until his eyes were blurry, tears were dropping and he didn't even realized he was crying. and it never stops. wonwoo wiped his tears harshly, supressing the screams and frustration were begging to let out of his mouth.

he pulls his knees to his face, crying endlessly. this isn't the ending he wanted. he never wants to be alone. he wants soonyoung. he needs soonyoung.

everything is confusing, blurry, and his chest tightens and felt all the pain washing all over him at once. it hurts like hell. if wonwoo had choice, if wonwoo knows how much these will hurts him, he would choose to ignore soonyoung when they first met, back in high school. he never knew things would get this far, and he surely hates it. he hated the choices he took before, and wonwoo wishes he would disappear, he wishes these tears he had shed will stopped. 

but wonwoo was fragile, he can't bare all of this... it's too much. wonwoo pulled his legs harder to his chest, crying endlessly inside his own arms. 

"wonwoo?" a soft voice muttered at the suite's door he was in. it was barely a whisper, but wonwoo heard it. at first, at a very tiny seconds, he thought it was soonyoung, his little voice said it was soonyoung, so he quickly looks up.

"h-hey, wonwoo what's wrong?" mingyu quickly ran to wonwoo's side who was hugging himself on the couch. wonwoo's eyes were red, tears were still streaming from his eyes, down to his cheeks, and on the cream turtleneck he was wearing. mingyu panicked, didn't know what to actually do. 

wonwoo's eyes were watery again, as soon as he sees mingyu. his cold image was long gone, and wonwoo can't help but felt his heart hurts again when he sees the younger. "m-mingyu." wonwoo sobbed, pulled mingyu's wrist and let the younger sat next to him. without any second thought, wonwoo hugged him, cried so hard into his shoulder. mingyu's heart stopped for a second, processing this whatever situation he was in. he slowly hugged wonwoo back, drawing a circular motion at wonwoo's back with his right hand, trying to comfort him. "are you okay?"

the older kept crying, he realized how much he holds everything inside for years, and it hurts him so much. he just closed their respectful gaps earlier and hugged mingyu tighter. he just need someone. "i'm sorry mingyu." wonwoo's voice were muffled inside mingyu's trench coat, and the younger panicked again. he pulls away for a second and look at wonwoo. he lets go of his hands that were located at wonwoo's waist and cupped the older's face. "wonwoo...what's wrong?" 

wonwoo didn't answer and just shake his head, hiccups in between his tears. mingyu sighed in concerns and just wiped wonwoo's tears with his both thumbs. mingyu wanted to know what's bothering the older, to make him cry like this. it hurts him to see wonwoo like this, but mingyu knows better it's not the time for him to ask. wonwoo clearly in pain, and he needs a shoulder to hold on onto. so mingyu hugged him again, whispering any comforting words he can think of. 

mingyu hands him a cup of water. "feeling better?" 

wonwoo slowly nod, eyes still staring his pair of shoes. mingyu sighed again, relief washed his face. he almost cried together earlier after seeing wonwoo like that, and thank god he didn't lose his composure. questions were piling up inside his mind, he have so many things to ask, but the voice back at his head kept saying no, it's not the time. so he didn't push him.

the older sobbed, but not as bad as before. it's just an aftereffect his cries earlier. mingyu sat next to him again, pat the older's shoulder slowly. "where's my brother? i thought he's the one who pick me up." wonwoo looked up, his eyes were still red and swollen. 

"he couldn't come. since i was free, your father asked me to pick you up."

"oh."

there's a silence before mingyu slowly shifted to look at wonwoo properly. "wonwoo." he looked straight to wonwoo's face, and the older sighed. "mingyu."

"please tell me if there's something wrong. you're my best friend, i can't just let you cry at me like that and tell me there's nothing wrong-"

"everything's wrong." said wonwoo, looked back to his shoes, and says nothing more. mingyu bite his bottom lip, almost screams in frustration.

"elaborate."

wonwoo just stands up, didn't look at mingyu's face again. "once i'm okay, i'll tell you. now let's go, i didn't like the smell of hospital anymore." mingyu quickly stands up too, standing in front wonwoo. his eyes were bright, look at wonwoo full of hopes. wonwoo had no choice but to look back.

"promise?"

wonwoo laughed a little. "promise."

"ha! now you're smiling!" mingyu grins, more relief to see wonwoo was smiling. wonwoo quickly frowns and hit the younger's shoulder. "shut up and let's go."

though he sounds a little harsh, wonwoo was actually glad mingyu was there. he can't imagine if his brother was actually the one who sees him breaking down like that. ugh, no he didn't even wants to imagine it. thank god it was mingyu, his own friend. wonwoo tried his best to push away his emotions, at least for now

so wonwoo smiled once again, following mingyu who was still grinning.