Chapter 16 ▪️ For Love...

—Lightning Kingdom—–Border Post–Sting Eucliffeスティング・ユークリフ

—Lightning Kingdom—
–Border Post–
Sting Eucliffe
スティング・ユークリフ

The news came hours after Raios left my room. When the dawn broke I welcomed the sun and stretched my freshly healed muscles.

I joined the land of the living, enduring the stares, and had breakfast with Raios and Gajeel. The dining area was for the workers who patrolled the borders every day. Depending on the shifts, you saw different people at every meal, Gajeel told me.

Evergreen oversaw all the border posts while Bixlow watched over Lightning Tower in Laxus' absence.

The fairy queen came to our lonely table that morning, summoning us to an office to alarm us if the recent news.

"We've received word from the search party Bixlow sent to the Sky Kingdom. Natsu Dragneel also sent a messenger from his kingdom not long ago."

"And what did they have to say?" Raios asked.

"The kings and queens are safe. They took back the city with a back-up force Queen Grandine had hidden on the north-east side of the kingdom. All the rulers are being tended to and will be returning home. King Laxus knows of your presence and has agreed to keeping you here until you're in good health."

I couldn't believe the King of Lightning himself agreed to such a thing.

"Your fathers are sending coaches to retrieve you. They'll be here no later than tomorrow evening."

"And Natsu? What did he send?" I asked her.

"Natsu Dragneel sent the news of Princess Erza returning home and Princess Wendy residing in the Fire Kingdom for the time being."

"Who attacked?" Gajeel mentions.

Evergreen shook her head. "They still don't know. All the attackers committed suicide before they could get any information."

What should've set my mind at ease had carved a deeper worry. Father is safe, yet the sender of this mysterious army is still at large. My attention is no longer on the four Tenebris kingdoms, but now another group battle hungry for blood?

"All our fathers are safe?" Raios asked for confirmation and Evergreen nodded.

"King Laxus should be here before the coachmen you're fathers send. He'll most likely want to meet with you," Evergreen said it to me alone.

"Thank you, Evergreen."

When the news broke and the three of us were left to finish our meals, we ate in silence.