Twenty-Four

Season four, Episode sixteenFreedom: Part one

Freedom: Part one

Max had woken up to an empty bed, she vaguely remembered Mark waking her up and telling her that she was going to go see Derek and Richard, which for the life of her she couldn't understand why

Max had woken up to an empty bed, she vaguely remembered Mark waking her up and telling her that she was going to go see Derek and Richard, which for the life of her she couldn't understand why. Derek hated Mark and it wasn't like Richard was his biggest fan.

So she had the morning to actually hang out with Maeve without Make lingering around. Sometimes a Mom just wanted the company of just her daughter.

"Maevie, wake up sweetie" Max softly whispered to her sleeping daughter, she gently played with her hair so that she would wake up faster.

"Mommy?" Maeve asked groggily, rubbing her eyes to make the sleepyness go away faster.

"You wanna help me with breakfast this morning? Daddy is hanging out with uncle Shep so we have the morning all to ourselves" Max asked her, her voice still a whisper.

"Finally, I thought he'd never leave" Maeve sprung out of bed, walking to her closet and then coming out a few moments later dressed for the day.

"Don't say that, he's trying you know" Max stood up from her crouch and followed her daughter down the stairs.

"Don't get me wrong Mom, I like having him around. I just wish that we spent more time together like we used too" Maeve shrugged her shoulders as she turned the corner to the kitchen.

"Well I'm that case, I'll just have to kick him out then" Max joked.

"Okay" Maeve said simply before climbing up the steps to reach the cabinet.

"So what are we making today?" Max asked her daughter.

"I was thinking a Full English breakfast" Maeve told her.

"How would you even know what is in a Full English Breakfast? You've never been outside the states" Max asked her, walking over to where she stood and helped her get the skillet.

"I was watching the cooking channel yesterday. I don't think we have black pudding so we'll just have to use chocolate pudding but I'll not really sure that'll go good with the rest of the meal" Maeve grabbed the egg cartoon and then the hash browns and sausage.