prt.7- How Can I Trust Him?

I got to school that following monday and everynody was cramming me for details. And, of course, I told them everything. I couldn't help it. I had to. I had PE second block so I walked and told them everything. From the first time I saw him look at me from the last time he looked at me.

I started walking from the gym to my locker as the bell rand and a guy named Brandon caught up to me; he was senior, brown hair that he flipped like most guys, tall, built, and if I must say, he was cute. But I seriously didn't like him. Just one of those guys.

"Hey, can I borrow your ipod for 3rd block?" he asked.

"May I have your attention please," Principal Wilkinson came over the loud speaker, "school will be let out early due to weather so please everyone contact parents or whoever for transportation."

A roar of explosion came from the people in the hall of excitement from the announcement.

I looked at him with a serious look on my face, 'am I going to get it back before we leave today, there's no teling how the schedule's gonna be."

"Yeah, just put your number in my phone." I took his phone from his hand and did as he said.

"Here, what class you going to?"

"McCright."

"I'll walk you he said."

I gathered my books and headed for her class.

The rest of the day flew by since of us getting out early.

Then tomorrow came.

During second block I got a text from Cheslea, 'great' I thought aloud.

Cheslea: syd's fixinna text you but please be prepared.

What was she talking about? I didn't understand.

Than my phone vibrated again.

Sydnee: you better check with ya boy, holding hands with anotha girl.

"WTC?!" I said outloud, I hadn't realized I said it so loud.

"What's wrong??" Alicia, Holly, and Deserae questioned at the same time. Their my usual friends I hang out with during class. Alicia was my best friend. Well, next to Payden. Payden was my friend from Etowah.

"Cheslea and Sydnee both texted me saying that Jonathan was holding hands with another girl?!"

"Don't believe her, you know how they are."

'Yeahh, it's okayy. They done started drama with yall already so shake it off, it's okay."

Alicia and Holly both know all the drama I've been through with Cheslea. So, for them it's nothing new either.

Me: whatever, your not starting anymore drama with me or him.

Sydnee: yes he iss! he's walking donwn the hall holding hands with her.

Me: name?

Sydnee: tara smith

I didn't text back. I was so mad. I didn't wanna believe them. I didn't. I was just tired of the drama.

"This is bullcrap! I'm  so tired of it!"

"Hey, what's wrong?" Brandon ran up to where we were standing and I told him what had happened. He stood there and listened but I didn't want to deal with it anymore. I got dressed and came and stood at the foyer of the gym with my headphones in waiting for the bell to ring. Brandon came over there and grabbed a headphone out of my ear.

"Heyy." he said. He was so much taller than me. My arms were crossed so they came up to his chest.

"Hey." I said quietly, not even looking at him. He knew I didn't wanna talk about it and I didn't. I just went on about my day as normal. I hadn't even told Jonathn yet. 

Later on that night her called me, and I told him about Cheslea and Sydnee texting me. He just sat there and I finally asked, "Did you hold hands with her?"

He answered quickly but sadly and guilty too, "yes." he said.

"Tess, it meant nothing and I know that's not what you're wanting to hear and it's not going to help anything but seriously, it was only for a split second and I.."

I hung up. I didn't want to listen to him anymore. The perfect end to the perfect day, right? Please, I thought I could trust him. He's already showing me I can't.

He called atleast three more times, and I ignored the call everytime. I didn't want to end this relationship already. I still wanted him.

My phone vibrated once again and it was a text;

Jonathan: i'm sorry baby, please i love you i dnt love her. she means nothing to me like you mean to me. it was nothing. i held her hand for one second and i let go realizing what i was doing. i told you i was always gonna be straight up with you and i am. there's the truth. and im sorry.

I didn't wanna reply, but I let it go. I forgave him but it still bothered me. How could I trust him?