Chapter 11

Dean, Cas, and Sam arrived at a motel about 5 hours away from home. It was dark and damp, but they had no where else to go. 

"Man, this place sucks," Sam said as he huffed out a large breath. 

"Sam, its all we can afford right now" Cas said annoyed. "We can't exactly go home now, can we?"

"Cas, you didn't have to come with," Dean said, drying his hair with a towel. 

"Yes, Dean, I kind of did. I was a witness to a murder and they would have had no one esle to blame, so here I am." Cas said, turning to look away from other boy. "It's because I had no other choice." He looked anywhere but Dean.

"Well, we have to have a plan," Dean said, more to Sam than to Cas. "If the police come around the area, we're going to have to leave."

"We could go on a road trip!" Sam proposed excitedly. "We could visit the Grand Canyon, and Mount Rushmore, and... and... OH! I know! We could visit aunt Ellen and Jo!"

"First of all Sam, Where do we get the money?" Cas asked, but Sam just shrugged. Cas just continued. "Second, do you know how long it would take to get there or how to get there?"

"Well, I know how to get to Ellen and Jo's place from here." Dean interjected. "But I don't know if it would be in out best interest o go there, without Dad and especially after what just happened."

"Why not? It will take a while for the police to put out a report and for the news to air it, and maybe if we explain, they'll understand." Cas said.

"Fine," Dean huffed. "We'll leave in the morning."

That night, Dean had the worst nightmares he had ever had in his entire life. Even after his mom had died. They were filled with blood and Dean had to keep reliving him shooting John over and over again. Of course he felt bad about it, but he knew that sooner or later, either him or Sam would have died because of John.

"Dean. DEAN! Wake up!" Dean heard. It was Cas and he was shaking Dean. "Dean, what's wrong?"

Dean slowly sat up and rubbed at his eyes. "Just a nightmare, Cas. I'm fine."

"Dean , you were screaming over and over, but I couldn't tell what you were saying." he retorted. "You are not fine. Talk to me."

Dean stared at Cas with a hard expression. Soon, it softened. He could feel tears start to sting at the backs of his eyes. One by one, the spiled over and ran down his cheeks.

"Cas," Dean cried into hsi shoulder. "I didn't mean to. I really didn't. I knew that sooner or later that son of a bitch would have killed me or Sammy, but I just didn't mean to. I'm so sorry."

"Dean, baby, I know you didn't mean to. I was just self defense. You have nothing to be sorry for," Cas cood into Dean's ear. 

Dean raised his head to look into Cas's blue eyes. He stared for a long time before he was beginning to cry again, stuffing his head into the crook of Cas's neck. Cas just stroked his hair and started to sing to him softly.

"Carry on, my wayward son.

There'll be peace when you are done.

Lay your weary head to rest.

Don't you cry no more." Cas sang. 

After a bit, Dean had fallen asleep on Cas's shoulder. He hummed a verse before falling asleep himself. 

The Next Morning

"Rise and shine, Sammy!" Dean said, as the alarm went off. It was playing Heat of the Moment softly.

"Really, Dean? Asia?" Sam grumbled heading to the bathroom to brush his teeth.

Dean laced up his boots, and headed over to the main office to check them out of the motel. He stepped out the door and saw about five police cars sitting in the hotel parking lot. He rushed back inside.

"Guys," he said in a rushed tone. "We have to get out of here. Now."

"What? Why?" Cas asked.

"There are cops everywhere in the parking lot. I parked the Impala out the back door earlier so we shoudl be able to sneak out." Dean explained. "If we leave now, we can make it to Ellen's by dusk."

The boys left a note to the motel owners saying they had to leave in a pinch, and they headed out to the car. Once inside, Dean started it up and they took off.

They had driven about four hours when finally, some one said something other than just attempting to make small talk. 

"We need to make plans." Cas said.

"We have a plan, Cas," Dean said. "We go to Ellen's stay off the radar, and then live normal lives. Sounds alright to me."

"No, Dean, that's not what I meant." Cas said. "I meant, we have to make plans for the future. You know, yours, mine, Sam's. Sam is a really smart kid and there's a good chance that he could get into a really great college."

Dean thought about this for a moment. Sam was a freshman, but there was a good chacne that he could graduate as a junior. Dean knew that Sam wanted to be a lawyer, and he wanted to go to Stanford. 

"Fine." Dean said. "We'll make plans when we get to Ellen's"

"Good," Cas said shortly.

After another five hours, they had finally arrived at Ellen and Jo's house. It had been almost six years since the last time Sam and Dean had been here. It was a good memory and Dean remembered it often.

Sam knocked first. They knew that they were home, there were two cars in the driveway.

"Hel- Sam! Dean! And friend?" Jo answered the door sounding surprised. "Come in, come in." After she sat them down on the couch, she asked, "What are you guys doing here? And who's your friend?"

"Jo, this is Castiel, and we... um, needed a place to stay." Dean said.

"Stay as long as you want." Jo said.

Ellen walked into the room. surpried plastered on her face. "Hey boys. How are you?" she asked.

"Good," they answered in unison.

"They need to stay for a little while," Jo said, though something in her voice said to not ask questions.

Dean, Sam, and Cas finally had a place to stay where they wouldn't be hurt for once in their lifetimes.

THE END

************************************************************************************************************

(A/N)

It's all over now. Sorry it was crap, but I had to finish it. Anyways, thanks for joining me on the wild ride of a Destiel fic (I know not much Destiel but I'll try harder in my next one). Love you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)