Descent into Darkness Rewrite

Start from the beginning

Izuku and All Might are shocked as they now remember why that rooftop was so familiar to them. Everyone is confused about this as to why Izuku is asking that question. The only one that wasn't confusing was All for One, as he knew what his Quirk was as he let out a smile.

"Hey Midoriya. Why did you ask him that?" Denki asked.

"Well... You see..." Izuku tried to come up with an answer.

"It's because he's originally Quirkless," Exile replied, causing everyone to be shocked and the two One for All to look at him. "Hey, might as well tell them."

Currently, he was speaking to All Might, his idol and the number one hero in Japan, on the rooftop of a building after being rescued from dying at the hands of a deadly sludge villain. Izuku was asking this question because unlike most of the world population (80% to be precise) he had been born quirkless. Although it was quite rare today it did happen.

Quirkless people were often subjected to prejudice and bullying from society as they were deemed weak, worthless and easy targets for villains because they could not fight back. In relation to being a hero, there had never been a quirkless one before, so Izuku was wondering if it was possible.

"I don't think its possible kid," replied All Might in flat tone.

Izuku's blood froze.

This shocked everyone's heroes as they never thought All Might would say that to Izuku. Recovery Girl smacks him behind the head with her cane needles, causing him to shake in fear.

"You idiot! You know you're not supposed to tell him that!" Recovery girl scolds.

"I'm sorry!" All Might said, raising his hands up in defense.

"You would be careful about what you said, All Might," Nezu said, disappointed in his choice of words.

"Pros put their lives on the line each day. So I can't honestly say that being a hero without a quirk is possible." Izuku felt a sudden pain in his chest upon hearing this.

"I see," he said while trying not to show the pain he was going through.

"Deku-kun..." Ochako muttered as she and Tenya looked at their best friend in concern, seeing the painful look on his face. Inko also looked at her son in concern as he was being told off by his idol that he couldn't be a hero.

"If you care about saving people then become a cop. Sure it's a job that's ridiculed for being on the receiving end for captured villains but no less admirable." All Might said before turning to leave.

"It's not wrong to dream. Just make sure its achievable." He finished before leaving down the stairs.

When he was gone Izuku collapsed and started crying hysterically.

No one believed in him.

No one believed he could become a hero, not even his own mother. His classmates, especially Kacchan (Katsuki Bakugo), his childhood friend and primary bully who often assaulted Izuku to boost his ego. He even gave him the nickname Deku (which meant worthless).

"Dude..." Kirishima said as they looked at Izuku, who was crying on screen.

"That just...harsh..." Jiro said as she looked at Izuku.

"That too much, All Might," Kendo said, glaring at him while giving Izuku her sympathy. Hell, even Monoma is giving him his sympathy.

Memories of all the torment he'd endured suddenly came flooding back.