A Revolutionary Look

Everywhere's a scene
And now we're in it
I don't wanna paint this town alone
When I see you smile I always feel at home…

There's something about the sunshine, baby
I'm seeing you in a whole new light
Out of this world for the first time, baby
Oh, it’s so right

– “Something About the Sunshine” by Anna Margaret

Chapter 23: A Revolutionary Look

            I had a relaxing week where I only had to worry about school. By the time the weekend came around, I had run out of plans. I decided to spend Sunday doing nothing except maybe watching football. It had been awhile since I had had time to check out another team. The Vikings did not play until Monday night, so I would have to choose someone else.

            “Do you want to watch the Colts or Giants?” I asked as my roommate we finished up our brunch at the kitchen table.

            Freya made a face. “Ew, neither.”

            I frowned. “Colts it is.”

            A knock was heard coming from the main door.

            “You can get it,” Freya said as she stood up with her plate.

            I rolled my eyes. “Fine.” She was always making me answer the door. Apparently, she had better things to do. I stood up and made my way over to the front door. Then I opened it to see who was there. It was Brady.

            “Hi,” he said brightly. “Are you doing anything today?”

            I blinked. “No. If you’re bothering to ask first, you could have called.”

            “This is more fun.”

            “Hi, Tom,” Freya said as she entered the hall. She looked at me with a small smirk. “Maybe I should be answering the door.”

            “Hi, Freya,” Brady said before turning back to me. “We’re going to Boston.”

            I gave him an odd look. “I’ve already been to Boston. I didn’t like it, remember?”

            Brady shook his head. “I forgot to show you something. It’s important, and I think you’ll like it.”

            “I was going to watch the Colts game.”

            “No one cares about the Colts,” Freya said.

            I shot her a look. “Remember our deal.”

            Freya smiled innocently. “You said not to say anything bad about your brother, not his team.”

            Brady chuckled. “She’s got a point.”

            I frowned at him. “This is my break. Don’t you have someone else to bother?”

            “No.”

            “Lauren, you have to go with him,” Freya said. “You can’t turn down Tom Brady.”

            I stared at her. “Yes, I can.”

            “Come on, we will be outdoors most of the time,” Brady said. “You like fresh air.”

            I looked at him with a small frown. I knew he was not going to give in easily. Besides, I was curious as to what he had planned. “If we’re going to be outside, I need to go get a hat.”