²⁸

CAMILLE J.

I woke up and ran to the bathroom, lifting up the toilet seat and puking out the contents of my stomach for the third time tonight

I woke up and ran to the bathroom, lifting up the toilet seat and puking out the contents of my stomach for the third time tonight. It's been about two weeks since me and Tremaine had sex, so the possibility of me being pregnant are kinda high.

Shits been crazy for the last couple of weeks. For starters, Tremaine and I had sex about two weeks ago, and since then, we barely spend any time apart. I wanted him to move into my house, and he said he wants to try living on his own for a while. Which I can respect, because when he was in the game, he couldn't buy his own house or nothing because his money was untaxed, or illegal.

Second, I had dinner with his family, and his momma kept going on and on how she never got the chance to properly thank me for saving her life and keeping her out of jail. I kept telling her it was just my job, but she sent me home with half a pan of baked macaroni and more cake than I could eat. Even though I ate it anyway.

Third, Leigh got caught and pleaded guilty for the murder of my biological father. I was at the trial, and she nodded to me when she was being lead out. I didn't return it, I just shoke my head and left.

Fourth, Tae and Chastity came back, and Tae got her a promise ring. I also found out that they had a threesome while they were on vacation, but that ain't got nothing to do with me.

Fifth, Nia had the baby! It's a healthy baby boy named Messiah, and he came a little early, born August 29th. I was so proud of her, and he has a head full of hair. Dre was actually crying when he FaceTimed me. I hope he don't drop that baby on his head like aunty told us she did when he was two.

I shake my head and flush the toilet. I rinse my mouth out before brushing my teeth again. I couldn't tell him, I really couldn't.

Why don't you buy a test first?, I ask myself before driving my anxiety up higher.

Oh, yeah. Thanks, I thought to myself. I go into my closet and grab a pair of black sweat pants and a random hoodie, which was one of the ones I stole from Tremaine when I was over his apartment last week.

I grab the keys to my Mercedes Benz and drive to the nearest CVS. I quickly grab a pack of pregnancy tests and go pay for them, along with some snacks because there's no way I'm getting any sleep tonight.

I drive home, my fingers tapping the steering wheel anxiously, and I think of all of the possibilities that could happen if I told him I was pregnant. We've only been dating for about a month and a half. It's so early, and I don't know if I'm ready for a kid. There's still so much stuff I want to do.

No, I got myself into this, I'll make myself ready. It ain't gonna be easy, but to hell with it, life isn't easy.

I pulled into my driveway and sat in my car for a moment, thinking of everything that lead to this moment. Do I have strong feelings for Tremaine? Yes, of course I do. Is it love? I wouldn't know, I've never been in love. Real love, anyway.

I sigh and grab the bag out the car, shutting the door and locking it. I go inside to be greeted by Solar, who was wide awake. I pet her head and walk up to the bathroom, with her right on my tail. She jumps on my bed and I go into the bathroom.

I pee on all three sticks, and pace in the bathroom until they were ready. Who would I call? I would call Chastity, but she sleep too heavy. And there's no way I'm calling Tremaine right now. And Nia and Dre are already having baby problems.

I decided to call Nisha. I know her night owl ass would be up right now. I waited for her to pick up, and she did on the second ring.

"Better be important, I'm binge watching Inuyasha right now", she says, and I sigh.

"Girl, I think I'm pregnant", I tell her, and I hear nothing but silence.

"OH SHIT! Deadass? Did you take a test? Is Tremaine there? Obviously not cause you called me. Damn, girl, you sure? You better call his momma to see if she had a dream about fish or whatever animal women dream about when another one is pregnant", she rushed out, and I laughed.

"Girl, it's fish. And yes, the test are almost done. I don't know how I should tell Tremaine if I am", I say nervously.

"Girl, it'll be okay. That man love you with his sprung ass. He'll be happy, trust me", she says, and I nod my head.

I heard the test go off and I start panicking.

"Bitch look at the damn sticks!", she yelled, and I almost hang up on her.

"Don't yell at me, nigga", I say, mugging the phone.

"Then look and I wouldn't have to", she replied.

I pick the stick up and the put it back down. I pace a little bit before picking it back up. This went on for about two minutes before Nisha snapped at me again.

"Look here you closet door built hoe, I will come over with a metal bat and knock some sense into you if you don't look at them damn sticks", she said, and I roll my eyes.

"Aight, aight", I say, gathering my nerves.

I switch it to a FaceTime call and prop my phone on the bathroom mirror. Nisha gave me a stern look and I pick one of the three tests up.

"One, two, three", I count, then I look.

"Show me, bitch", I heard Nisha say, but my heart felt like it stopped beating.

"Holy fucking hell", I whisper, showing her all three sticks.

"Pregnant", we both say.