Thirty-Four.

"Welcome home!" Leslie grins, helping me bring my bags into my apartment. It's been another two weeks, and I decided to come back to California. I don't know if I'll stay, but I needed my best friend.

"Thanks." I smile slightly, holding back the urge to throw up.

"Girl, you are so skinny." She gasps as she hugs me.

"Yeah, I know." I sigh, setting my bags down. "You're still going with me, right?"

"Of course." She agreed to go with me to clean out my office. She said Jace hasn't touched it. I feel like throwing up even more, just thinking of going back there. "It's after hours, he won't be there."

We get to Kingsley Industries, and go up to the top floor. Luckily, my office is unlocked when I twist the doorknob. I push the door open, and everything is exactly how I left it.

"So, how was Seattle?" Leslie asks after a few minutes of silence. I finish packing a box, before looking up at her.

"I um... I slept with Weston," I mutter, and her eyes widen.

"You did what?" But it's not Leslie who asks that. My head snaps towards the door, where Jace is standing, his jaw clenched, and his hands balled into fists at his sides.

"Jace," I whisper, not expecting to see him. Leslie quietly walks out of the office, and Jace slams the door behind her.

"You did what?!" he all but yells, stepping closer to me. "Are you fucking kidding me? You've been sleeping with him, of all people?" he growls, stepping towards me, until I'm backed into the wall behind me.

"You broke up with me. Not the other way around. You don't get to play Mr. Jealous, Jace! Why don't you fucking go home?!" I yell, trying to shove him away, but he doesn't budge.

"You fucked Weston?" he scoffs. His arms pin me to the wall, his breathing ragged. "Does he fuck you like I do?" I gasp, not expecting him to ask that.

"No." I shake my head, unable to look away from his stare.

"Does he make you scream his name like I do?" His voice is thick and full of emotion, and I find myself getting turned on. What the fuck, Lana? He's seriously pissed off, and it's turning you on.

"No," I breathe. His eyes close, and when they open, they're a darker blue, and there's tears threatening to spill.

"Does he love you, like I do?" his voice breaks at the end, and I find tears starting to fall down my face too, as I shake my head.

"No." His forehead is against mine, and both of us are breathing heavy. "You can't do this Jace," I let out a sob, "You ended things. You can't do this to me."

"I know, baby. I know. It was a mistake to end things. I thought it was the right thing to do, for Ty. But it was the wrong thing to do for us," he breathes, caressing my face with his hands.

"I can't breathe without you. I can't sleep without you. I can't... I can't eat... without you." I let out another sob, crumbling into his chest. He wraps his arms around me tightly, letting me cry into his chest.

"You're my entire fucking world, Lana. It was so fucking stupid of me to let you go. Yes, I care about Ty's feelings, but he's moved on. Why the fuck can't I be happy too? I love you, more than I have ever loved anyone in my life. I need you, Lana. I made a mistake letting you go. I want you to be in my life forever, no more break ups, no more letting anything get between us. Just you and me. Forever."

"What are you saying, Jace?" I whisper, staring into his beautiful blue eyes. He sticks his hand into his pants pocket, and pulls something out of it, but I'm too mesmerized by his eyes to look.

"Lana Jane Davis, will you marry me?" he asks, his other hand caressing my face gently.

"Yes," I sob, pulling him into me. I hug him tightly, and he hugs me just as tight, both of us afraid to let go. He steps back, and drops to one knee, opening the ring box. I place my hand out for him, and he slips the beautiful pear shaped diamond ring onto my left ring finger.

"I love you, Lana Jane," he whispers, kissing me passionately.

"I love you too, Jace Alexander," I murmur against his lips. "I um... I have something I need to tell you."

"What, baby?" he asks, smiling at me.

"I um...," I let out a sigh, and lift my shirt, just below my bra, showing the small bump. "I'm pregnant."

"You... what?" he asks, his eyes wide. They lower to my stomach, and his hand slowly slides down to it, caressing the small bump.

"And before your mind starts going there, yes, it is yours," I tell him, and he looks up at me. "I'm eleven weeks. I found out this morning when I got to town."

"You're pregnant?" he asks, and I nod slowly, a small smile on my face.

"Yes. I was planning to tell you regardless, I just wasn't sure how before." He leans his forehead against mine, his hand still on my stomach.

"We're having a baby," he whispers, a smile growing on his face.

"Are you happy about it?" I ask, worried.

"Of course I am, baby. I'm so very happy about it." His smile now reaches his eyes, and it's contagious, making me smile as well.

"The doctor is slightly worried right now, with the weight I've lost, and is keeping a close eye on me. I thought I was just tired and weak, because of all that was going on, but I decided to go get looked at, and she told me this morning when I went," I explain, and he nods.

"You weren't late on your period?" he questions, and I shake my head.

"With the birth control I was on, it was common for me to miss a period." He nods, kissing my forehead.

"I'm so excited, sweetheart," he whispers, kissing my lips softly.

"Me too baby." I grin against his lips. Then, we both come to the same realization, and gasp.

"Tyler." Fuck. What are we going to tell Tyler?

———————————————————————————
Edited 09/20/2020