Thirty-Two.

The next morning, I'm in Seattle. But, my first stop isn't what you'd expect it to be. I don't go straight to my parents house. I go to Weston's new apartment.

"Lala? What are you doing here?" he asks, opening the door in only a pair of black joggers.

"You told me we should hangout when I'm in town. And well, here I am." He nods, confused, but steps back to let me in.

"Where's Jace?" I unintentionally flinch at the name, and close my eyes.

"We broke up," I shorty respond, clearing my throat.

"I won't push," he says, and I nod, thankful.

"I... I need to forget. Will you help me forget?" I ask, looking up at him. His eyes widen, and he slowly nods.

"Are you sure that's what you want?" he asks, stepping towards me. I nod, closing the distance between us, my lips on his. He sighs into my mouth, and I take this chance to slip my tongue into his mouth.

He breaks the kiss, and takes my hand, leading me towards what I'm guessing is his bedroom. He lays me down on his bed, and hovers over me. He kisses me softly, then looks up into my eyes.

"Are you certain?" I nod again, and he kisses me again. The kiss is much more heated this time, filled with want and lust.

It's nothing like Jace's kisses. I push the thought out of my mind. I push Jace out of my mind.

——

I get to my parents house later that evening, regret filling me. I can't believe I did that. I've never been the time to just sleep with someone. I've always been in a relationship. I guess that's what heart break does though. It makes you someone you aren't.

I step into my parents house, and look around for my family. When I step into the kitchen, Kyle and my mom look up at me, shocked.

"Lannie?" my mom asks, confused. I didn't tell them I was coming home. I just got on the first plane I could, and came home.

"Hi momma. Hey Kyle." I step further into the kitchen, giving them both hugs.

"Where's Jace?" Kyle asks, looking behind me. The tears threaten to fall, but I don't let them.

"Not here. We broke up, and that's all I'm saying about it." They both nod, not pushing it further. I know I'll get questions later, but I can't handle it right now. "I'm gonna go lay down."

"Okay, sweetie." My mom gives me another hug. I pick up my bags, and head up the stairs to my old room.

"Was that Lannie I heard?" I hear my dad ask, as I get to the top of the stairs.

"Yes. She's home. She and Jace broke up, she needs some rest. Don't ask questions yet." my mom tells him, and I'm so grateful for her.

I lay down on my bed, staring up at the ceiling. I haven't turned my phone on since yesterday, not ready to see any texts or no texts for that matter. I haven't slept any, since every time I close my eyes, I get flashbacks of Jace and I. So, no sleep for me.

I want to check my phone in case Leslie, Hunter, or James has texted, but I decide against it. I'll get back to them when I'm ready. I don't know what I'm going to do though. I don't have a job, but I have an apartment to pay for. I don't know if I want to keep it, or move back home for a while. I guess I have time to think about it though. Leslie said she would take care of the bills while I'm gone, since she'll be living there.

I shouldn't have ever agreed to work for him. I shouldn't have ever agreed to the hookup in Italy. I shouldn't have ever fallen in love with him. And I certainly shouldn't have ever dated him. Because then, I'd have a job I could go back to. An apartment with an address he doesn't know. I broke my rule for him. If I do go back to California, I'll more than likely move. 

All I can do is take it one step at a time, and try to heal my heart. I know it won't be easy. I know it will take time. But I have all the time in the world. I have nothing to go back to. Except for my friends. I would go back for them.

But I never want to chance seeing his face again. Or Ty's. I don't know if I would break down, or punch them. Probably both. Mostly punching Ty. I could never actually hurt Jace. Even though it feels like he ripped my heart out and stomped on it with his size twelve shoes.

"Lan? Dinners ready," Darren says, knocking on my door. I don't respond, and soon my door is opening. "Lannie?"

"Yeah," I mumble, still staring at the ceiling.

He shuts the door behind him, and lays next to me. Darren and I never were super close growing up, but into adulthood, we always turn to each other when something is wrong. We don't have to say a word, we just wait. Wait for the other person to speak. I know that's what he's doing now, when he doesn't say another word.

"Jace broke up with me," I whisper after a few minutes.

"I heard," he whispers back.

"Do you remember me telling you about his son? Tyler?" I look over at him, he glances at me and nods. "Before I dated Jace, I dated Tyler."

"You dated his son? Then dated him?" he clarifies, looking at me again. I nod, looking away.

"Ty was an abusive, drunk, high, asshole tool. Jace was there for me. He saved me from Ty, and he got me a job. I fell for him so fast. But I guess Ty...Ty told Jace that he still loves me, and was struggling with mine and Jace's relationship."

"So Jace ended things for Tyler?" Darren questions. I nod, going quiet again. "Wow."

"Yeah," I whisper, wiping tears away.

"I'm so sorry, Lannie," he whispers.

Tears fall silently down my face, "I just don't know how to go on without him."

———————————————————————————
Edited 09/20/2020