Fireflies

"Dean!" Cas yelled from their backyard.

Dean immediately panicked, grabbing his now rarely used pistol and running outside. It was nearly dark and Dean was worried about his old hunter life finally catching up to him.

"Cas! What's wrong?!" Dean cried, spotting Cas sitting on the grass in the middle of the yard.

"I can't catch these glowing bugs!" Cas cried, throwing his hands in the air in defeat, an empty jar next to him.

Dean sighed, set his pistol down, and walked over to Cas, laughing under his breath. He sat down on the ground next to Cas and kissed him on the cheek.

"Will you help me catch these fiends, Dean? Please?" Cas asked, giving Dean the classic puppy dog look.

"Sure Cas." Dean said, giving in. He stood up and offered a hand to Cas. Cas took it and the stood side by side, looking at the fireflies with contempt.

"Alright Cas. You gotta surprise them, you have to jump out at them really really quick and get one in your hands, then you have to put it in the jar." Dean explained. He then demonstrated this for Cas, managing to get a rather large one in to the jar on the first try. Cas stared at the bug with awe, fascinated by it's pulsing light.

"Go on, try it Cas." Dean prompted.

Cas put the jar down and surveyed the yard, hands on hips. He finally saw one he liked and leapt out at it, a wide grin spreading across his face. He stopped and peeked in to his hands.

"Dean! I've captured one!!" Cas yelled triumphantly.

Dean brought the jar over and helped Cas put it in the jar. Cas and Dean spent the next few hours catching fireflies until they got tired.

They were so tired that they laid right there on the grass, not even bothering to go inside to sleep. They curled up next to each other, putting the jar off to the side. Dean placed a kiss on Cas' cheek gently, pulling Cas closer to him.

"Love you Dean." Cas murmured, nuzzling his face in to Dean's neck.

"Love you too, my little firefly hunter." Dean replied, chuckling lightly before letting his eyes droop and drifting off to sleep.

A/N
Hey so we're gonna work on our longer stories and of course more oneshots so hang with us and we'll get right on them. :) okay bye.