Chapter Eight: Layout & Reunited

At the daycare, all was quiet and solemn. The sun had begun to rise, but the mood was saddening and at a loss. Braedey's toys were all in their cells like criminals, nobody saying a word or even doing a thing.

Hamm, meanwhile, was playing a toy harmonica, trying to pass the time and make the mood better. But, Buzz knocked against his cell, silencing him.

"Quiet, musical hog! Knock it off!" Buzz ordered, and continued his patrol. Hamm sighed in exasperation.

Jessie looked over to Bullseye, who was whimpering to himself. She reached over, gently patting his snout. "Oh, Bullseye, I miss Braedimus, too. We all miss him." She sighed deeply.

Scooby looked to his chest, seeing Braedey's name written there. He gave a low howl, Rex and Hamm looking to the Great Dane toy with sadness in their eyes. Jessie looked to Braedey's name written on the bottom of her foot, and she sighed deeply, knowing the truth.

Just then, the silence was shattered when Lotso and his gang raced in on the dump truck, getting their attention. The gang all cheered and laughed, as they raced about the Caterpillar Room. Then, they arrived out front of the cells, all of them with smirks on their faces.

"Rise and shine, campers!" Lotso announced to Braedey's toys

"Commander Lotso, sir!" Buzz jumped down from the top of the cabinet, does a tuck-and-roll, then stood to attention, saluting to Lotso. "All quiet, nothing to report."

Lotso acknowledged the Ranger. "Excellent, Lightyear. Come on. We need ya back at Star Command." He said, and Buzz jumped into the dump truck.

Mrs. Potato Head looked to Lotso. "Wait! What've you done with my husband?" She demanded.

Lotso smirked darkly. "Big Baby." He called. A moment later, Big Baby walked in with a worn-out Potato Head, throwing him over to the others.

Mrs. Potato Head gasped. "Sweetheart!"

Mr. Potato Head groaned, taking his ear off, and began to empty out the sand inside him. "It was cold and dark. Nothing but sand and a couple of Lincoln Logs."

"Uh, I don't think those were Lincoln Logs." Hamm commented offside.

Lotso pointed his cane at the toys. "You all get ready. You got a play-date with destiny!" He announced.

~*~*~

Soon, about an hour goes by, the daycare was opened at 8:30AM. The big bell rings out, as Bonnie and her friends were now running down the hall and enter the Butterfly Room. Bonnie hung up her backpack in her cubby and she rushes off to go and play with her friends.