Adressing as a Journalist

In an industry built around tight deadlines, the pressure is always on journalists. To keep up with the unforgiving pace of working in the media field, reporters extend themselves, often to unhealthy levels. And it's not just the deadlines causing journalists stress. Journalists experience some form of work-related trauma, ranging from worries about job security to the stress related to covering the stories themselves. Today, when journalists are accused of writing or producing "fake news" the pressure has only grown.Sources of the stress journalists experience come from many directions. Getting the story right means journalists need to take the time to fact-check and revise their drafts. Yet as the industry continues its shift into the digital realm, it becomes tempting for journalists, in order to keep up with their deadlines, to publish first and edit later. This situation has only grown, as deadlines become increasingly shorter. Getting the news out quickly means reporters have less time to develop stories. I think that the rise of smartphones has resulted in a public demand for faster news cycles. We don't have one deadline per day, we have numerous deadlines per day that we have to meet .As newspapers continue to close, more and more journalists are looking into freelancing for work. The best journalists, are to find , the ones who learn to "thrive on deadlines." While we doesn't expect the feeling to come naturally, for most journalists it's a skill that can be learned over time. Many individuals who choose to become journalists already understand that it's not a choice one makes.We (Journalists) are storytellers and activists. We enter to make huge difference in our own prospective undoubtedly we get trapped under many pressure .