Part 5||Chapter 1

***

"Jada run! RUN!" Elijah yelled. Jada did what he said and ran out the room. Elijah tried to gain the upper hand of the gun, but the guy was just as strong as him.
"Mutherfucker" the guy said through gritted teeth as he over powered Elijah. The gun was pointed at Elijah's chest. Elijah grunted as he tried his hardest to get the gun out his hand. Just as he gained more strength then the guy, the gun raised up towards his head. Before Elijah could fully react the guy pulled the trigger.

BOOM

The guy eyes widened through the ski mask.
Elijah stood there for a second because he didn't know what just happened...he didn't know he was even shot. Elijah stumbled back and fell back on the bed. The guy took off running out the house.

Elijah tried to sit up but his body felt so numb and heavy. He was confused as he laid there. The sad part was that he was still unaware that he got shot in the head. He soon heard Jada scream. A few minutes later he heard Jigz voice. He just remember Jigz calling out his name.
"Elijah" Jigz cried as he placed his hand on Elijah's chest.

Elijah's POV
I remember looking around the room. I couldn't move, it felt like I was paralyzed. I heard Jada scream, and I remember hearing Jigz call my name. Soon after, everything sounded muffled. All I could hear was myself breathing. Heavy breathing...before it got shallow. I just remember closing my eyes. I felt someone shake me, but I was gone.

I didn't see any white light or Angels like people would assume. All I saw was fog. You know when you put I seashell to your ear and you can sort of hear the waves?...that's all I heard before a familiar voice call out my name. It was my mamas voice. I turned in the direction of the voice, but didn't see anything. I looked around and I could hear her crying. A felt someone placed their hand on my shoulder, I quickly turned around. My mother's icy blue eyes watered as she looked me in my eyes.

"Who did this to you." She cried as she touched my forehead. I was confused, confused by what she meant.

"What you doing here baby...go back...go" She cried as she gentle pushed me back.

"Why didn't you go with your gut instinct? You felt it in your heart that something wasn't right." She said. I just stared at her as I thought back to earlier when me and Jada drove back from the airport. That nervous feeling was tryna warn me. Tears ran down my face. She caressed my cheek and wiped my tears as they fell. I slowly closed my eyes as I placed my hand over hers.

"Go back...Jada and Liza needs you...JoJo needs you...Emani needs you...." she said. I opened my eyes with a confused look. She gave me a small smile.
"I love you" she said. Before I could question her about who Emani was or even say I love you back I heard a loud gunshot and everything went black.

***

Beep...beep...beep...beep...

"Shot in the head just above the right eyebrow." The doctor said to the other doctors and surgeons that was in the surgery room as they removed bullet fragments from Elijah's head.
"The bullet entered from here...and exited right her on the top of his head....He wasn't breathing when they brought him in...They tried to revive him the whole way, but nothing. I don't know if it was a miracle or God because he opened his eyes just a few seconds after we pronounced him dead....It wasn't his time" the surgeon said as he took the last pieces of fragment out.
"Wow..." Another doctor said.
"It's a 5% survival rate with a gunshot wound to the head...from the looks of it, nothing major was damaged. He might have a little memory problem because he did encounter a little damage to the frontal lobe, but that's about it." The surgeon said.

Elijah laid one the operating table in a medically induced coma so too much pressure wouldn't be on his brain as they did surgery.
He woke up from the induced coma 3 days later with no recognition of what happened. But one thing he did remember was seeing his mother. He recalled one of the last things she said to him.
"Emani needs you...."

***

1 years later...

She was born at 35 weeks. Exactly 8 months from the exact date I was suppose to die. She was born at 4:21 am. The time I was pronounced dead. Emani Amoré, she was 8 pounds 7 oz 19 inches long. My heart, my soul, my everything.

I believe that the loss of a life means another life will be granted a chance in this world. I was suppose to die that night. My daughter was suppose to be Jada's happiness for loosing me. Happiness and sadness are spread evenly in this world like a circle and a way of life. I don't understand why or how I survived. I was shot in the head...point blank in the head and survived. Survived with no serious issues. If that ain't God than I don't know what the fuck is.

We sometimes take life for granted. I took breathing for granted until I couldn't breath anymore. Take a deep breath in, long and deliberate...hold it for a few seconds and let it out slowly. Do it again....Fill your lungs. Hold that air in...then let that shit out.

Now BREATH...cause we would be dead without it.

***

Emani Amoré

***