03: Stars💫

mєdíα: 'gumвσdч' вч вurnα вσч ft jσrjα ѕmíth

Kam

━━━━━━━༺۵༻━━━━━━━

Run, run, lost boy...

Away from all of reality.

Lost Boys, like me, are free.

-Lost boy by Ruth B

━━━━━━━༺۵༻━━━━━━━

As sappy as this sounds, I believed that this world wasn't my home.

I nursed a quiet belief that I was only lost in it. Me and the rest of us. I was untethered, free, not bound to anyone or anywhere.

And I also believed in letting the stars guide me through this chaos called life, to my real home. In trusting my internal compass and letting it take me where I needed to go.

That night, it had led me to her.

Again.

Not as if she'd remember... But I saw her and I immediately remembered. Unforgettable, was she.

I smiled, recalling the first time I saw her at the school library, last year, not being able to talk to her because she had looked so unapproachable. Deep scowls and deeper frowns.

She had the strangest eyes. They were the darkest brown I have ever seen. The colour of coffee, sitting in the sun, turning amber by the second.

But that's not what is strange about them. It's that heavy sadness in them that was trying so desperately to hide behind scowls and eye rolls. A sadness that crippled you when you looked at her.

She looked like every sad song I've ever heard. Every sad story I've ever read. I saw her eyes and I thought of plane crashes and thunderstorms.

"Your guys are going to kill you." She said when we hit a stop sign.

I looked at her, bitter coffee brown eyes, staring back at me.

"And why would they do that?"

"You invited me and Kosi to a party that's meant exclusively for you guys."

"It's not an exclusive party. Anyone can come. We just happened to know about it and you didn't."

She rolled her eyes, seeming reluctant to talk, and I watched her fumble with the buttons on the radio, switching from one channel to another until she finally gave up and brought out her phone.