Chapter- 7

Cordelia's POV

🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁

"As you also know it is really important for you to understand the Trials. If you keep giving points to Lord Adalwolf, he will claim you as his life mate. And that will be the end of that. The next trials will start tomorrow. Tomorrow you will have to pass down a Rubie to your most desired contestant and he will be favored in the games. I was informed just a while ago that tomorrow they will hunt Vakoh. It is a bird who feeds on our flesh. Its harder to find it nowadays, because we have killed it with our weapons. But if one of them finds it , they are the winner. The person to whom you give your Rubi will be much more successful. As it transforms into a weapon when they needs it to be. The Lords will be given only a one weapon to defend themselves. And the added weapon will work in their favor.."

Antonella finished her explanation. I was a bit confused but understood that I have to give the Rubi to someone I prefer. A sudden thought over took my mind. What if I give it in a way that it will stirre some chaos between these nasty aliens..

"So giving the Rubi is in my hands only? "

"Yes Miss. Do you want to know anything more?"

"No thank you Antonella. I am so glad you explained those things to me. Will you help me in future also..."

"Of course Miss. Please call me if you need anything else."

"Sure. And thank you."

With that the alien lady went and I decided to call it a day. After she went, I.called the servant lady again and asked her to draw a bath for me. Soon she was finished up and then she helped me to have a good bath. It was later that night, when she finished helping me out , I dried myself with a cloth. Afterwards I got ready for the bed. I chose a simple satin PJs and lied on the bed. I was not ready to sleep after getting refreshed so though to drink some hot milk. The servant lady was happy to abide my request and soon a steaming hot milk was placed in front of me. While sipping it, I re called everything that happened today. I planned my next moves when a rustling sound of wings came from my window. I ignored it for a while but it seemed like it was getting closer and closer. Just to make sure the windows are shut, I went near it. There was no one around outside the window. So I checked the lock and looked outside again. Suddenly something came flying from the roof and an oddly horrifying creature from my nightmares appeared in front of my window. I shrieked with utter disgust and terror and as soon as I started screaming , my doors were burst open and my guards came rushing in. When the creature saw this, it didn't move an inch and looked past behind me towards the alien guards. When the guards saw my cause of shrieking, they just nodded at the gruesome creature and went back to their posts. I was baffled with confusion and when I looked back at the window, the creature was still there. Looking at me. To protect myself , I distanced myself from it and then switched off the lights. I closed the curtain and with a terrified heart I dive into the bed. As I covered myself with the comforter, I heard the rustling of wings and then the creature was gone. I closed my eyes with relief. It was a close call and I never wanted to see that hideous creature again. My hot milk was forgotten as I closed my eyes and slept.

Next morning, my servant whose name I found out as Aquila , came to wake me up. She helped me to get ready do the day and I asked to eat my breakfast alone. But to my utter disappointment, she said that she has been instructed to bring me to the dinning area for all the three meals and I was allowed only snacks and drinks in my room. I got ready with a gloomy mood, while cursing everyone for my genetics and blood. If they were normal , I would have never be in this situation. When I got out from the room , four more guards surrounded me and I was escorted to the dinning area. When I neared it , I heard the laughing and snickering. Being dwarf compared to these alien guards, I was unable to see anything past their hulking silver bodies, but I heard the conversation.

"So , Griffin how was your day. I heard some interesting news last night.." Someone snickered making me instantly recognize that wretched arse.

"Mind your business Adal. It was just a stroll."

The Supreme Lord bit back while another Lord was laughing with hysteria.

"Oh Yes... I heard the scream all the way to my suite.."

Another unrecognizable voice joined the conversation.

"And to brag that he is the most beautiful. The guards were talking about how her face looked like when they came , they said it was like white as a paper with terror as she screamed like a banshee.."

The snickering Lord, said with sarcasm while the others were laughing aloud like there's no tomorrow.

"Stop it you lot. I am done with this conversation. You better not bring this out again."

The Supreme Lord told with a controlled voice and their snickering and laughing died out as I got closer to the room.

Were they talking about what happened last night.. my mind raced with questions and my mouth was hanging open the more I thought about their conversation.. With realization of their talk.

Was that frightful, awful , ghastly thing one of them???

I never got an answer to my question as the doors opened and the four of the Aliens looked at me.