Chapter-7 Jealousy Maybe?

Paras's POV

Paras's POV

It was already an upleasant morning. I was blankly staring out of the window when my secretary came inside the cabin and said something that made the morning more unpleasant.

"Sir, there's a meeting today at 2 p.m. regarding the merging of our company with Oberoi Enterprises." What the fuck????!!!!!

"WHAT???" I said losing my cool which startled my secretary a bit. 

"S...i...r Y...our father.. has s..aid so..." She said while stuttering.

"Ok, you can leave." I said. I was beyond frustrated. I immediately went to my father's cabin and barged inside without even knocking.

"Oh, Paras, I was totally expecting you to come!" He said happily. That smile was annoying me more.

"Yeah, you should have, because you didn't even bother to tell me about the merging of the companies." I said, trying to sound as calm as possible.

"Oh, I thought it would be better if your wife told you." Who wife? Oh Nishtha ! She knew????!!!!!

Without even saying a word. I left for my cabin and sat on the chair. She knew and she didn't even speak a word about it??!!! But how can that happen? Was my father lying? 

Just then my personal phone rang and I picked up without even looking at the caller ID.

"Hello, who am I speaking to?"I asked in an irritated tone as soon as I picked up the call.

"Who are you speaking to my foot!" That person shouted probably breaking my ear drums. But that voice sounded familiar... NISHTHA???!!! Well, she doesn't get to get angry. And who gave her the permission to dial my personal number !

"Nishtha, I told you not to initiate a conversation with me until and unless it's an unavoidable emergency." I said and sighed. 

"Oh shut up!! You knew about the merging of our companies and you didn't even speak a word about it to me!!!" She sounded beyond pissed. But what she said was equivalent to a pot calling the kettle black.

"What the hell!!! I came to know about this bullshit today morning only! And my dad told me that YOU knew about it!" I said seriously.

"And my dad said that YOU knew about it." She said, in a lower volume. What the actual hell do our parents want !!!????

"We'll do something about it..." I said as there was nothing else I could say...

"We have no time! The meeting is at 2 p.m. and what can we possibly do about it? We aren't even the CEOs yet..." Yeah right, we weren't even the CEOs yet. Our parents were behaving like the teachers who torture stuents for internal marks!

"If we can't do anything about it then let them do what they want to because that's what they have been doing all along." I said getting frustrated and then hung up the call.