Chapter 3

Eli remained in his hut for a very long time. He didn't come out for food or even to interact with anyone. He stayed in there for over four months, gaining enlightenment at a pace that started to impress the ascended ancients that were already there. When Eli finally came back out, he had gained more knowledge than a human being could in several lifetimes.

 When he came out, Ju' lo was there to see if he was all right. "Are you all right Eli?" she quickly asked.

 "I"m fine." Eli said, rather calmly. "I've learned a lot in there. I could have stayed there forever but something was bothering me."

 "What is it, Eli?" Ju' lo inquired.

 "Destiny." Eli answered. "I'm just concerned about my friends. I want to be sure they're safe."

 "I know you're concerned." Ju' lo said. "Would you like to go visit them?"

 "Can we?" Eli asked.

 "I can't see why not. We'll have to ask the elders for permission of course." Ju' lo answered.

 They sought council with the elders, and Eli was nervous meeting with them. They were only five of them, and he recognized the one that met him when he had first arrived, sitting at the center of them all. After they made their request to visit the destiny, they mulled the request before the elder at the center spoke first. "Should we grant you access to visit the lower planes, will you abide by the rules to not interfere with the natural evolution of the human species."

"Everyone on the ship will be asleep." Eli answered. "I won't be talking to anyone."

"You are allowed to talk to people, Mr. Wallace." one of the other elders added, "You just can't share anything you have learned from here with them. Talking is not interference, but giving away knowledge is or trying to step into a fight that isn't your own is."

"I get it. So as long as I keep my secrets to myself, I can talk to anyone?" Eli asked.

"Correct." the elder answered. "The temptation to interfere will be great. You have powers that are not to be used, but power does corrupt."

"I can handle it." Eli answered. "I only want to make sure the people I care about are all right."

"Then you may go." the elder replied. "Would you be offended if we asked that you take a guide with you on your first journey."

Eli paused for a moment, "That would depend on the guide."

"We noticed you are close with Ju' lo." Another elder stepped in. "Would that be all right?"

"Of course." Eli answered. "That would be cool."

Moments after their request was accepted, Eli and Ju' lo were onboard the Destiny. Eli knew the life support systems were turned off, but both of them had no problem walking around. Neither were actual breathing lifeforms, so things like air and even gravity wasn't really necessary. The ship was still in hyperspace, making it's long journey away from the machines that was bothering it and to the next galaxy ahead. Ju' lo didn't say anything and just followed Eli around as he was checking on things and measuring stuff along the way to his eventual destination: the control room. The bridge was still shut down and he didn't want to waste power to open it, so he went back the small room he had become accustomed to since the beginning of his adventure onboard Destiny. He walked up to the console he was most comfortable with and started to check the systems and the status of the hyperdrive.

"What are you doing?" Ju' lo asked as she walked into the room behind him.

"Nothing." Eli answered. "Just checking up on everyone. Making sure the pods are all still active and Destiny is still on course and enough juice to make it to the next galaxy. I'm not changing anything, merely looking to make sure everything is where it should be."

"Ok." Ju' lo said as she wandered around. She paused for a moment. "Eli."

"Yes." he called back.

"Is that you?" Ju' lo asked.

Eli walked over and it was him. Or at least him before he left this plane of existence. "That is took weird." Eli said as he walked closer to his own corpse. Because there was no life support was turned off, his body was perfectly preserved and looked as if he only passed away a few days ago. He looked over to Ju' lo. "Can we move... me. I mean this isn't exactly what I want them to see when they wake up."

"All right, where do you want to put... yourself?" Ju' lo asked.

"I guess the infirmary would be best." Eli answered. They both had no trouble picking his corpse up since there was no gravity and slowly wandered down the hall to the infirmary. "Everything seems to be going well." Eli added.

"I"m glad to hear that. Maybe now you'll relax." Ju' lo replied.

"I'll relax three years from now when the ship makes it to the next galaxy." Eli confessed. "Between now and then I will try not to be a royal pain to you and the others."

"We appreciate the thought, Eli." Ju' lo replied, "But saying and doing are two different things."

"I get it." Eli said as he guided her towards the infirmary. "I'll try my best to keep myself occupied and not think of Destiny too much."

"It's not that Eli." Ju' lo said as she followed. "If this is all you're going to do when you're here, check up data and just walk around then no one has a problem with you dropping by and watching over your friends to make sure they're all right."

"Thanks." Eli said. "It means a lot to be able to do that."

They made it to the infirmary, and slowed moved Eli's lifeless corpse to one of the medical tables. They both put a blanket over the corpse before Eli used the bed's straps to tie himself down. He didn't make the straps too tight, just in case.

"If you need to do anything else." Ju' lo added, "Ask me first, and then I'll let you know if it will get you into trouble or not."

"How about visiting my Mom?" Eli asked. "Just to let her know that I'm okay and hanging out with some really cool people."

"As long as you don't tell her who you're with and what you've learned, I can't see why not." Ju' lo replied. "You can speak to anyone on earth as long as you don't share any of the englightened knowledge you've gained since joining us."

"So how do I get there?" Eli asked. "Click my heels three times and say there's no place like home?"Ju' lo smiled, "Not quite. Just close your eyes and think of where you want to be. Your mind and powers will do the rest."

All Eli could do was smile. "Okay. I'll give it a try." He stood there in the infirmary and closed his eyes and began to think of the first place he wanted to visit: Stargate Command.