BODY8.

Ameer Troy.

                 "I really like this one

"I really like this one." I said as I walked through the building. "It's much bigger than the others and that's what I want, space."

"How much is it?" Papa asked the man.

"Because it's so badly gone with little to no upkeep they're selling it for 85,000, which is a very big steal because with the right contractors and about five months of hard work, this place will be good as new." he said and I nodded.

"This is the one Papa." I smiled.

"Okay we'll get back in touch with you about it." my Papa said.

"Why don't you look happy?" I asked.

"Toot I don't have that type of money right now." he said. "And it'll take all of your savings plus more to buy this place, but we'll still have to hire contractors and electricians, that's a lot that I don't have."

My smile dropped looking at him, I knew he was upset that he couldn't get it for me. "I'm sorry Jode."

"It's okay Papa." I said. "I'll just save a little more and maybe take out some loans."

The ride home was silent as I bit down on my lip to suppress the cry that wanted to come out, I refused to make him feel bad over something he couldn't control. "I really am sorry."

"It's okay, seriously." I said giving him a tight lipped smile.

When we got home I went into my room shutting the door behind me and finally letting the tears I'd been holding in fall. Not just because I couldn't get the shop, but because my Papa deserved so much and it sucked that he thought he owed all to me.

"Fuck you crying for?" Pooter asked me as I answered the phone for him.

"I'm so annoyed." I said wiping my face and sniffing.

"Why?"

"Me and Papa just went to view these buildings for the shop and we don't have enough money to get it and he feels so bad and just kept apologizing to me and I'm annoyed because I don't want him to feel bad but I'm annoyed because I really just wanna open my shop and start everything." I said letting out a groan.

"Bro stop that crying shit, Jodecy." he said making me wipe my face again. "You know we gon make sure you get your shop if we all gotta pitch in money and start selling shit. It's alright to feel sad but got damn stop acting like we can't get it for you."

"I don't want y'all giving me nothing, we all got our own shit-"

"Shut up." I frowned. "I said what I said."

"Whatever." I sniffed sitting back.

"I hope you wasn't outside with your head looking like that, nappy shit." I eyed him as he started screenshotting me. "Ugly ass."