Chapter 33 - Thick Thieves and Terrifying Tarantulas

Chapter 33 – Thick Thieves and Terrifying Tarantulas

 Not proofread so please ignore any mistakes

                Kenzi skipped along the pavement next to Alfie, her ponytail swinging behind her as she quizzed him on the best break in methods. Hunter, on the other hand, hung behind and kept checking over his shoulder.

                “You’re acting paranoid and obvious, stop it,” I scolded, dropping into step next to him. He raised an eyebrow and pulled me under his arm with a grunt.

                “I’m bringing my girlfriend, who was stabbed about a week and a half ago, to break into the house that belongs to the guy that stabbed her. Did I forget to mention that he’s part of the Italian mafia?” Hunter asked, imitating my voice. I rolled my eyes and nudged him with my hip.

                “You sound like a PMSing teenage girl. Get a grip and talk strategy,” I remarked, glancing ahead to keep an eye on Alfie and Kenzi. Seb, Lee and Dylan had decided to stay back but Shack, much to our annoyance, wanted to join in to get a better idea of who we were dealing with. Because everybody hated him, we’d left him to find his own way.

                “And you’re starting to sound like me, bitch,” he said, looking down at me with a grin. I waved my hand dismissively and shot him a look.

                “What are we doing once we get inside?” I asked. Before Hunter could even consider answering my question, we turned the corner and nearly went slap bang into Alfie and Kenzi’s backs. Shack was also there, leaning against a stone wall that surrounded Caesar’s house.

                “Plan time?” Shack asked. Alfie chose to ignore him and turned his back towards him, making Kenzi grin and Shack roll his eyes.

                “We need to go in, find out where he keeps his weapons, anything that could pose any relevance to the bash up we’re about to have and to trash absolutely anything where possible,” Alfie instructed and Hunter glanced over the bushes to the front of the house.

                “That’s all and well but have you got an actual break in plan?” Shack asked, his second question which made Alfie grit his teeth together.

                “Go in through the back and over the wall, wise guy.” I raised a hesitant hand and Alfie nodded in my direction.      

                “I’m just about as useful as a pencil in a sword fight. How am I meant to get over the wall?”