Chapter 32

Luke and I walk into the trailer, Luke held my hand as we took a seat in the back of the classroom. Kota came in not even a minute later. He took a seat in the empty desk in front of me.

    "I'm glad you're here Luke, I thought you wouldn't make it." Kota said as he adjusted his glasses.

    "Yeah dude, you should have seen all the traffic, it was insane." Luke replied. Kota looked around the classroom. 

     "I think we should change seats." Kota said picking up his bag from the floor.

      "Whatever you say." Luke said getting his bag. I reached for mine and I looked to Kota as we moved closer to the front of the classroom.  I sat in the middle between Kota and Luke. Luke was sitting behind me and Kota was in front of me.

     "Why am I always in the middle?" I ask no one in particular.

     "What are you talking about Sang?" Luke asked as he tilted his head. I felt myself pout but before I could reply to Luke the door swung open and Gabe walked in. He looked tired as he took the empty seat on my left.

     "Oh my God, walking from the second floor is a bitch." He said.

     "Gabriel." Kota warned.  Gabe let out a sigh and rolled his eyes.

     "You haven't been up there yet Kota, until you do you'll never now how much of a bitch it actually is." Now it was Kota's turn to roll his eyes. Gabe looked over at me and narrowed his crystal blue eyes. "What's up with the pencils? You should take them out." My hand reached my bun. 

     "I think it's cute." Luke said. Gabe turned to him. 

     "You too? Listen, I love you both, but those pencils make you guys look like broke librarians." I sighed. Maybe Gabe is right, if he knows anything it would be style and sass. I grabbed the two pencils and take them out of my bun, letting my hair fall down. "See?" Gabe smiled. "You look so beautiful!" 

     "Uh, Gabe, do you have anything for my hair?" Luke asks as he also took the pencils out from his hair. Gabe sighed and dug though his bag and pulled out my clip. 

    "Ugh, here," He said tossing my clip to Luke. "Thank Sang." 

    "Oh right, your clip." Luke said as if suddenly remembered something.  He smiled at me. "Thanks Sang!" 

    "No problem," I mumble out as I watch Luke tie his together with my clip. 

     Class started and we were given a syllabus and a list of books we had to read outside of class. Our teacher Ms. Johnson was a thin pale woman with curly dark hair. 

     "I know today's our first day, but that doesn't mean were gonna slack off. Everyone take out some paper."  There were groans from around the room. I took out a pink note book and a pencil that was previously in my hair. "To start the term we'll be learning about poetry. And today I want of you to each write a poem." There was another wave of groans.  "I know, I know." She said. "But I know you've each a heard a poem before. I'll give you the rest of class and I want them due tomorrow. I won't except any late poems." 

      I let out a sigh staring down at the blank page, not knowing where to start. I wrote my name down and began to random doodles. I felt a poke at my arm. I turn and saw Gabe hold up his note book. It had the word "Poem" written out with pretty cursive writing and a very realistic rose next to it. My mouth popped open. It was so lifelike, I couldn't believe it.  I began to write on my notebook.