Chapter 2: Frosty First Impressions

Jimin's P.O.V

》》》》

》》》》

June 30th

2020

-JIMIN'S APPLICATION-

"Taehyung, I don't think that's how that works. They're only looking for one applicant. And it's only a temporary spot open."

"Well, you never know. They could also need an entertainment segment in their shop."

"Tae, they sell ice cream. This isn't a high-class restaurant. It's a summer job. You know this is important to me. I need this. Because--"

"I know, I know, you want to help your little brother. How much is Taemin's tuition again?"

"Like about twenty-six thousand dollars in America."

"Hold on that's like--"

"Over a million won here. I know... I just wanted to at least help him with the payment most of the way."

"Minnie-- please don't stress yourself over this job. If this doesn't work out, you know there's always that dream job you could work up to."

"I understand that, Tae. Just let me do this first. I need to help Taemin in whatever way I can. And if getting a summer job is what I have to do; then so be it. Eomma and appa are tight on money right now and--"

"I know, I get worried that you'll overexert yourself. You do you, Jimin. Just know, I'm always here to support you-- soulmate."

"Soulmate indeed. Besides, even If I end up not liking the job, it's only temporary. I only have to deal with it for like a month or so."

"That's true. But if you do have an issue... Just call me. I'll set everything straight, you know I will."

"I'll remember that. And trust me, you'll be the first one I call."

"Glad to hear that, Jiminie." 

》》》》

July 5th 

2020

-PRESENT DAY-

I've been sitting in the car for about thirty minutes, and I was just feeling like everything is falling into place. Sadly, that rush of tranquillity left, when I checked the time on the control panel of the car.