Open Your Eyes

Open your eyes. We all live our lives like our life wont end and you wont end up in a hospital from a car accident or a deadly disease. Like if you smoke one cigarette you couldn't ruin your lungs. If you drive while drunk you won't crash your car into a tree. That if you don't simpy blow out a candle before you leave that you house won't catch on fire.

Open your eyes. We don't think about chance and how simply going out to a friends house can get you killed or walking home from the store or school can catch a creepers attention. How going to your moms house can get you stuck in a hospital with amnesia because you got mugged or hit by a truck.

Open your eyes. We spend our time on social media websites and watching the hottest drama in the world of the famous. But, we neglect the idea that there are poor people who can't afford a home, food or a simple card board box and could care less about Kim Kardashines big ass.

Open your eyes. No one cares enough about the people with abusive minds. "Just throw them in a mental hospital, they'll be fine." Thats a lie. They could get worse. They might just want a friend to hold them close and hug them. Too late now, a straight jacket holds their arms. They couldn't get out of them even if the building burned down. But no one would notice their gone right? They were crazy because they were depressed and looking for someone to help them escape but that doesn't make them people, am I right? No.

We need to open our goddamn eyes to the horrid world and get our heads out of our asses because there is a girl in the corner crying because she is abused at home and you don't notice. The old man on the corner is sick and can't get help because he doesn't have money for medicine.

We need to get it through our heads that we are all the same and no one is better than someone else because they have more money or better clothes. We're all the same so why try and be better than others when it's just going to make people hate you?