₣ł₣₮ɆɆ₦

Now playing

Now playing..

"u love u"
-blackbear
////
"Too much, too much, it's never enough"
•-•

I groaned as the arcade machine glitched out for the sixth time. I wanted to fix it, but it was my birthday and I didn't feel like taking an hour to do so.

Walking out of the arcade room, Elizabeth ran over to me.

"Y/n! Can you get some ice cream for me? Pretty please?"

"Why did you come to me about this?"

"Because daddy said I couldn't have any, but I still want some."

A grin was plastered on my face. "Well, your daddy can be very unlikeable sometimes, so I'll get you some ice cream."

I quickly walked over to where Henry was standing. "Hey, do we have ice cream here?" I asked.

"No, not yet. Thought Will said she couldn't have ice cream?" He questioned.

He then saw the shit-eating grin on my face.

"Yeah well, I think she can have some. I'm buying it, so why does it matter?"

Henry shrugged. "Don't be gone too long, the cake will be out soon. Also I would ask Will if you could take his child to get ice cream." I nod and start walking towards Elizabeth's father's office.

I peek into the office. His head shot up to look at me. "There's something called knocking." He informed, a little irritated.

"Yeah yeah, I know. Anyways, I'm taking Liz to get her ice cream, since her dear father won't get it for her." I said.

"Yeah no." He said and stood up. "Oh come on." I gave him a look "I'm paying for it, so why does it matter what I get for her?"

He sighed. "It's because when she has ice cream, she becomes hyper, meaning I get no sleep. She gets it from her mother."

I raised an eyebrow. "Really? I'm surprised you remember anything about your, now ex, wife if you k-"

I immediately shut my mouth when I remembered there's a child standing next to me.

"-if she died under mysterious circumstances." I finished my sentence.

William looked as if he was stressed.

I was only out of his office for maybe an hour and a half? What the hell could've caused this much stress to change his attitude?

I sighed. "Sorry Liz. Maybe we can get ice cream another day?" I told the child.

A look a disappointment washed over her face. "Hey, don't worry. Go ask Henry if the cake is done okay?"

   Elizabeth nodded and ran off to find Henry. I looked towards the man standing near me.

  "I can't believe I'm asking this, but are you okay?"

He put a small smile on his face. "Never been better. Now go and have fun. I'll be out in a minute."

   I nod slowly and left his office.

•———•

   I sat down at the table, biting into the piece of cake that sat on my plastic fork. Guests had started to leave.

   Audrey sat next to me. "Are you okay?"

I look up at my best friend. "Oh, yeah I'm fine. Just a little tired. It is around 6:00 so.."

   She nods. "Yeah it's been one hell of a Saturday am I right?" She chuckles.

"Haha yeah."

"Well, I have some big news for you!" I shot her a confused look. "What is it?" I asked, taking another bite of cake.

"You're gonna be seeing us around a lot because we're now your co-workers." She grinned.

My eyes widened. "Really?"

"Hell yeah!"

I smiled at her excitement.

  "Hey Y/n? It's getting late. Can you go and tell Will to lock up for me. Sammy was throwing a fit." Henry asked, walking up to us.

  I chuckled. "Yeah. Have a good night, Henry. I'll be home soon." He smiled and left the building.

   "I'll be heading home, have a good night."
Audrey hugged me tightly. She was like a sister to me.

I waved goodbye to them as they left the building.

   "Y/n?" I heard a child's voice behind me.

Shit I forgot child murderer had kids.

       Michael was standing behind me. "Dad isn't answering the door. Can you check on him?"

   "Yeah, he's probably just asleep. Don't worry." I walk down the corridor to his office.

I knock a few times. "Hey, Henry asked for you to lock up for tonight."

  I got no response. "Afton?" I called out a little louder.

   "William?" I knock again. I try the handle. It's locked.

  Fuck it. I don't give a shit if he gets mad.

  I quickly run over to Henry's office and grab the spare key ring in one of his desk drawers.

Michael and Elizabeth look at me with confused faces as I try each key to unlock the door.

   After a bit of trying keys, a silver one works. I open the door quickly and reveal Will with his head in his arms on the desk.

There was a bloodied knife sitting on the edge of the desk along with a tipped over pill bottle. A small bottle of whiskey sat on the floor.

   "Oh my fucking god.." I mumbled. I rush over and shake him. He groans as if he were in pain. I then noticed the big ass cut carved into his forearm.

   "William, you fucking dumbass!" I whisper-yell, not wanting his kids to hear.

   I try and get him to stand up, but his weight is far beyond my strength. "Come on.."

  I finally manage to get him to stand. He clings onto me suddenly, causing me to stumble back. I hold on to him, careful not to touch his wounded arm.

"I'm so gonna regret this later.." I mumble and rip a small part of the fabric of my dress.

I quickly wrap it around his arm and tighten it.

     I grab the keys off of his desk before putting his arm around my shoulder and help him walk out.

   "Michael, Elizabeth, c'mon. I'm driving you home." The two kids follow me out of the restaurant. I shut off the lights and quickly lock up.

•———•