Chapter 2 : House Bomb

Start from the beginning

"Where's mommy?" Jack asked, and Brian shrugged as he carried the boy to the van. "I don't know. She's up there. She's coming."

"Oh." Jack said, as Mia then stepped onto the porch with Isabela, while Dean headed over to his red car. 

"Here we go." Brian put his son into the carseat, as Mia watched them with a smile. Isabela nudged her sister with a smile, "You ever thought we'd end up here?"

"No." Mia chuckled, "But I'm glad we did."

Then Mia glanced down to the box. "Dom, you have a package out here! It's from Tokyo."

"Tokyo?" Dom stepped outside with them, "What? Is Han trying to convert me over to a turbocharger?"

Mia chuckled before the two then looked over at Brian, who was buckling up Jack, as Isabela then noticed something on the box. As she stepped towards it, Jack had thrown the toy out the door, making Brian move to pick it up. "Hey, buddy. Cars don't fly."

"Hey, cars don't fly." Jack said clapping his hands, making Brian laugh as he moved back over. "This one did, huh?"

"Brian in a minivan. Things have changed." Dom stepped off the porch, amused, but then Mia walked down the steps with him. "He's struggling, Dom. He doesn't want me to see it, but the white picket fence is like an anchor on him. I can tell. I tried to talk to him the other night, and you know what he said? He doesn't miss the girls, he doesn't miss the cars. He misses the... bullets."

Dom just smiled and looked to her. "Let him settle in. Give him time."

Isabela, who had took the note off the box and stepped down with them, only looked up when Mia then said. "How does nine months sound?"

When both Dom and Isabela looked to her, Mia smiled and nodded. "I'm having another baby."

"Aw!" Isabela quickly hugged her, before pulling back with a laugh. "You and Brian really do keep gettin' busy."

Dom laughed at that and ruffled the girl's hair, but then Mia looked down with a frown and sigh, making the two look at him - Dom knowingly asking. "And you didn't tell him, did you?" The three then look over at Brian and Jack, "You gotta tell him."

"I don't want him to be disappointed with his life." Mia sadly said, looking down. "With me."

"He will never be disappointed with you." Dom shook his head, placing his hands on Mia's shoulders. "You're the best thing that's ever happened to him."

Mia smiled and gave him a hug, "Thank you." Then she pulled back and began walking down the rest of the steps, as Dom's phone rang. 

Isabela headed back up to shut the front door of the house, before slowly walking down the steps while opening the note that had been on the box. 

But then she stopped, her feet faltering as her heart dropped to her stomach, seeing that it was a drawing - her drawing - of the house. That Scott had on him as well, since it wasn't one that she had drawn in her journal, but on the back of a paper menu they had taken from a diner. 

At the same time as Dom answered his phone, "Yeah?"

"Dominic Toretto." A British voice spoke up on the other end, "You don't know me. You're about to."

Dom quickly pulled his phone away from his ear to see that the private number was coming from Tokyo, then he quickly looked back at the house, seeing Isabela about to check what the box was - but he ran over and grabbed her arm while shouting

Dom quickly pulled his phone away from his ear to see that the private number was coming from Tokyo, then he quickly looked back at the house, seeing Isabela about to check what the box was - but he ran over and grabbed her arm while shouting. "Get down!"

Right as the box blew up, Dom put his body over the girl - as Dean had moved fast over and pushed Mia out of the way - and Brian quickly closed the van door.

The entire house went up - the blast sending Isabela and Dom down the rest of the steps, them both landing hard on the sidewalk - as Dean quickly covered Mia's head and body with his own as an instinct - and the blast slammed Brian into the car ha...

The entire house went up - the blast sending Isabela and Dom down the rest of the steps, them both landing hard on the sidewalk - as Dean quickly covered Mia's head and body with his own as an instinct - and the blast slammed Brian into the car hard enough that the window shattered but thankfully didn't crack or crumble. 

Isabela let out a pained grunt, breathing heavily as she looked up with wide eyes at her childhood home that was no longer there. As Mia looked up and over, "Jack!" She quickly got to her feet and ran over as Brian stood up, sliding the door open and pulling out their son to check him over. 

Dean stood up, a scrape on his elbows, as he looked over - seeing Dom and Isabela standing up. Isabela's heart racing as she watched Mia and Brian hold their crying son, and each other, tightly in fear. 

"Oh my god.." Isabela breathed out as she looked back at the house, the black smoke and flames all that was basically left of it. Her ears were slightly ringing as she then looked back down at the menu drawing, half of it burned off. 

Whoever burned her house, was the same person who killed Scott

Whoever burned her house, was the same person who killed Scott... and unknowingly at this moment, the same person who killed Han.

"Bela!" Lucas yelled over in worry, having seen the explosion from down the street - and he basically dropped the bike to the ground as he got off of it and ran over, Isabela quickly turning to him and running over - letting him pull her into a hug quickly. 

He placed a hand on her back as the other was on the back of her head, as if to reassure himself that she was there. He squeezed his eyes shut, his heart pounding fast and hard in his chest because... ever since he learned who she really was, there was always that almost paralyzing heart wrenching fear that said he'd lose her.

And he knew, right then, she was about to get pulled back into that terrifying life of him losing the one he loves. 

"Are you okay?" He pulled back enough to place his hands on her cheeks, looking over her to make sure there was no injuries - which only including a slight scrape on her chin but because of Dom, there was no other injuries. Isabela briefly closed her eyes, nodding and still out of breath, as she brought her hands up to take his. "I'm okay. I'm okay."

Lucas pulled her into another hug, Isabela wrapping her arms around his torso but turning her head to look over, meeting eyes with Dom who then picked up the drawing - recognizing his sister's initials and skill immediately. And she knew she had to tell him who previously had that drawing.