Chapter 37: Just a typical night -A

Emily's P.O.V

I stared into the darkness. It looked...dark but it wasn't the normal darkness.

It was the darkness when light went out of my life, forever. Hope was lost. If I had the Pandora's box, I'd open it and let hope out, just to make it official.

"You know, you shouldn't be sitting here alone. Wild animals can eat you." His deep voice said.

"Right now, I'd eat wild for dinner. All I want is normality. But that's too mainstream for anyone's life, right?" I chuckled humourlessly.

"You wanna talk about it?" He asked me softly.

Did I want to talk about it?

"Maybe." I replied.

He sat down beside me, waiting for me to speak but I couldn't.

Has it ever happened to you that you have tonnes of things to say but they are so jumbled in your mind that you can't pick up the exact thing to say?

That's exactly the thing going on with me. I have so much to say.

Like the time I knew that tonight is going to be really bad.

"Tonight is going to be awesome." Rebecca said happily as she brushed her hair.

"Yeah. Why do you think so?" I asked her as I put on the diamond earrings.

"Well, for starters, it's our birthday!" She squealed again. "We are eighteen. I am eighteen. Who's hot and smart and gorgeous and Eighteen? Me, me and only me." She winked at me.

I chuckled. Rebecca never ceased to act like a child, getting excited about little things.

"And also that, we are having a dinner together, all four of us. After eight years." She let out a sigh of contentment.

Yeah, all the four of us were having dinner tonight. But there was one little addition to our group.

"Oh, and lover boy is joining us too, right?" She asked me innocently.

"Don't remind me." I groaned. "This is going to be bad."

And it got really bad, probably the worst in years.

"Oh, I heard mom talking something about telling him about your childhood stories?" Rebecca smirked.

"No!" I stomped my foot. Yeah, I did.

Don't blame me. All this boyfriend-girlfriend thing was finally getting to me. Even then, on Friday, at Castle's place, it wasn't this weird.

"Hey. My parents are out for the night." He informed me as he closed the door behind us.

I could feel Rebecca appearing in front of me.

'When a guy tells you that his parents are out for the night, it means he wants to hook up.' She said, her mannerism resembling that to a teacher's.

"Okay." I dragged the okay too far as I took in the surroundings.

It wasn't the first time I've come to Castle's place but I still wasn't that familiar to it.

The walls were painted differently. One was painted turquoise blue while other was painted lemon yellow. And it didn't give me any 'weird' vibe. In fact, it made the atmosphere more cheerful.

On the walls, the picture frames were hanging. These pictures displayed some really great moments. Like there was one where Castle and Jake were dumping an ice-cream carton on Cassie, Castle's elder sister.

Why they would frame it and put it on display? I don't know. Castles were different but good different and I had started to grow fond of them. There was also a guitar and a bass kept leaning against the table. I wondered who plays those.