Chapter 27

I placed the flowers down on my mother's grave. I wasn't able to last year because I was exiled but I wanted to do it now. Madeleine's mom, I hope you have a good rest in the dirt, thanks for giving birth to me.

       "What are you doing here?" I asked, spotting Liszt standing on my bed.
He shrugged, "Idk, I heard you were becoming the official heir in two days , so I thought I'd visit but it seems jumping on this thing is much more fun."
    What the hell, are you a child.

     "...ok."

     "Have you met my sister?" I asked him. He shook his head.
    "You should, she likes dragons I believe," I said as I started to comb my hair.

    "You do know I don't look like a dragon until I shapeshift, right?" He asked.
HuuuUh?
     "I just thought that's how dragon's look like normally in this world."
      "Like a human?"

    "No, like a pedophile- of course like a human," I said sarcastically.

          Today was the day before I was officially announced as crown princess. I felt brimming with happiness. I walked to the ranks as usual, ready to see my name at number 1.

       HUH?

      Number 2? Number 2? WHAT THE HELL. I got number 2! Who beat me?! I scanned the top. That name, it's so familiar.

      It's the name of the Herione of the sequel. I clenched my fists. Why is she here?! I had only hear of the sequel so I never played it but... how did she overtake me?! I got a beautiful 120 points and this little girl got 121. I bit my lip. My inferiority complex suddenly took over me.

         Is it because I didn't pay much attention in class? Is it because I barely studied? Is it because I haven't been in class for a year?! Or could I have really gotten dumber?!

         I ran to the classroom like crazy and walked straight to the teacher.
"Ma'am, can you explain the recent ranks?" I asked. She looked confused, "What do you mean?"

          "How did I end up as 2nd?" I asked. She suddenly turned stiff, "Princess...I know it must be a shock for you but as you grow older there will be people even smarter than you..."

            "Calling me stupid eh?" I asked. She flinched, "Princess you know that's not what I meant.."
             "No, I don't actually know what you meant, Ms.Millier." I replied looking surprised.
           She looked troubled before sighing, "Why is this such a big deal for you, Madeleine?"

          "What did you call me?" I asked her, acting as if I couldn't hear. She flinched, "Princess! I called you princess!"

             "Ms Millier what class is this girl?" I asked her. She stayed silent, before I slowly slowly brought my face closer to her pushily. I've never been this pushy in my life really or rude. But for some reason I suddenly am.

            "A-4...." she whispered. I smiled sweetly before almost running there.

           "Is Maika present?" I asked. To be completely honest, idk what I'm planning. And as she walked over, my mind suddenly came back to its senses. Madeleine are you stupid or something?????

       Maika walked up, her silky smooth black hair falling to her waist. There was a certain atmosphere that she gave off that screamed, "BEAUTIFUL AND GENTLE OUJOSAMA" There was a gentle smile on her porcelain face.

            "Yes? You called Florente-Sama?" She asked. Idk what to say, I feel so bad.
            "You overtook my spot..." I said.
        She looked confused.

              I looked down with a smile of utter embarrassment, ".....Good job?"

She blinked a few times before laughing.

             "Thank you Princess," she smiled gently as if she were being surrounded by lilies. How can such a beauty exist?! For the first otome game they used someone you could imagine yourself being while I'm guessing for the second one they decided a perfect girl would be best to throw away all the comments about the otome game MCs having no personalities.

               She was in a few years younger than me actually.

"Leine? What are you doing here?" August asked for the he doorway.

         I turned my head to him and so did Maika.
       "Ahh August,"

       Huh. She called him August.
      "Yuriko! So you were here with Madeleine!" August said. August calling her by her first name? Whaaa
          "Yes, she suddenly approached me," she laughed a bit with a gentle smile.

         "Haaah? Leine you weren't bullying her were you?" He asked.

          "What? No, Of course not." I replied casually. Maika just smiled.

          He sighed. "You guys know each other?" I asked, tilting my head.

        He looked confused, "What are you talking about shes my girlfriend,"

Huuuuhhh.

When I was president, America made memes about me that destroyed my chances of ever getting love. Because that's what America does. They make memes about their president. Plus all the people I met were much older than me around the late twenties or sixty's. The kids around my age that I did meet kept shouting memes at me.

Maybe that's why I've gotten attached to the only guy around my age that is decently attractive and doesn't shout memes at me. I looked to the side, my heart irked. What a horrible day, someone beat me in grades and August got a girlfriend.
I smiled, "oooh. How wonderful! Good job!" August stared blankly at my response until Yuriko punched him a little as if I couldn't see that and he went to a smile. "Thank you sooo much, Madeleine!!!" August yelled. I suddenly have suspicions. I then carefully walked away from them. As I left the door, I heard whispering, "WHAT THE HELL SHE TOTALLY DIDNT BELIEVE YOU"

"SHUT UP MY ACTING IS GREAT! And did you see her, at first I think she got jealous so it's a win for me!"

"Yeah yeah,"

......

A sense of utter relief washed through my whole body, I felt like falling to the ground. Suddenly a smile of pure joy appeared on my face, oh dopamine why do you come in now!

But I have realized one thing from this exchange, I do have feelings. Feelings for August. It's time for genius Madeleine to handle love.

.